Do I have to use CF online portal?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

emmab

Post by emmab » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 pm
I have an active IVA started in march last year with credit fix. They have requested the online portal for my annual review and I do not feel comfortable doing this. What are my rights and what do I need to send to them for them to complete my review.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:18 pm
I don't believe this is a compulsory obligation and you can request that you use snail mail to send in your requested items.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

emmab

Post by emmab » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:25 pm
What exactly do I need to provide?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:29 pm
Ask them to let you know exactly what you need to provide and tell them you are not happy with providing bank details online.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm
If the use of the online portal was not a condition of their service, you are not obliged to use it. They will try to tell you otherwise but have backed down in the past.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

emmab

Post by emmab » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:30 pm
How do I know if it was a condition? I don’t remember them mentioning it when I went through the initial process

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm
emmab wrote:
How do I know if it was a condition? I don’t remember them mentioning it when I went through the initial process
You should have a letter from them with their terms of engagement --- it would be one of the first letters they wrote to you, basically saying 'Yes, we would be happy to deal with your IVA. You need to do this, that and the other ....." If you have nothig like that and you cannot recall them mentioning the online portal (which, given that this was a year ago, they might not have been pushing it then) then they cannot force it upon you.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:43 pm
Check your paperwork thoroughly.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Vince_100

Post by Vince_100 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm
In my CF paper work which started last April It does state about giving CF whatever they need to conduct the review but no mention of online banking login. I will double check wording tomorrow after work and get back.

Found the below from my chairman's report though. In small print mind you

Annual Review Portal – This is a charge payable to Equifax Limited, a third-party company, for access to an online portal to facilitate an
annual review of income and expenditure via secure access to the debtor’s online banking. Access is made directly by the debtor and no confidential information is accessed by Creditfix Limited or its staff.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:55 am
Personally, I'd refuse to do it. Snail mail is better and more secure if you send it recorded, especially in these days of internet security.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am
Vince_100 wrote:
In my CF paper work which started last April It does state about giving CF whatever they need to conduct the review but no mention of online banking login. I will double check wording tomorrow after work and get back.

Found the below from my chairman's report though. In small print mind you

Annual Review Portal – This is a charge payable to Equifax Limited, a third-party company, for access to an online portal to facilitate an
annual review of income and expenditure via secure access to the debtor’s online banking. Access is made directly by the debtor and no confidential information is accessed by Creditfix Limited or its staff.
You can still provide whatever they need -- just not on the platform / media they specify.

Vince_100

Post by Vince_100 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:59 pm
I will refuse to give my online banking details when review time comes around. Hopefully CF will not kick up a fuss
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”