I am considering an iva as an option to deal with debts arising from running my own business. At the moment my husband and I have good jobs but I work as a teacher and due to funding cuts in schools have only been able to secure temporary work. I am currently on a contract that ends in May so will earn 34k this tax year, but maybe only 12k next tax year. On the other hand I might be on 35k if I secure more full time work. At the moment I can afford all my repayments but these are the minimums abd nothing is being paid off. My question is, do I try to set something up now or wait and see what my income will be?