Do I need to declare IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
sharon340
by sharon340 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 am
Do I need to declared my IVA if asked by my employer as I work for a non-FCA approved insurance broker?.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:47 am
sharon340 wrote:
Do I need to declared my IVA if asked by my employer as I work for a non-FCA approved insurance broker?.

It depends on your terms of employment as to whether you need declare it (or, indeed, are permitted to have one). Whether or not it is mandatory, if asked officially and you lie brings up another issue of dishonestly answering a question. If it is not in your terms of employment, you can simply refuse to answer (which probably also tells it's own story). You could try "What's an IVA?"
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:06 pm
I agree with Foggy, if you are asked directly then you can't just hope a 'no' answer will go undetected. A 'yes' answer may not be a game changer either as far as to your role in the company.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 pm
The general consensus here has always been that you are better answering the questions honestly (or forever be waiting for a tap on the shoulder!). It's not really an FCA issue but an employment issue. I am intrigued to understand what a non-FCA approved insurance broker is though?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:58 pm
Check with your employer you may well be ok.

I would also like to know what a none FCA company is as well.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”