Do I need to do this claim even though IVA finished 3 years ago?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

paul.kendall

Post by paul.kendall » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 am
I finished my IVA 3 years ago and received a certificate for completion. It was with Grant Thornton. Yesterday I received an email and phone call from First Dispute Management. They told me they had recently been instructed by Aperture to investigate all aspects of financial mis-selling, such as unaffordable lending, undisclosed commissions, mis-sold pensions and various other remedies to recover compensation for the IVA estate, not simply PPI

They mentioned the ruling in the recent case of Green v Wright and it had demonstrated that compensation for financial claims remains an asset of the IVA even where the IVA has closed.

They say as a gesture of goodwill for my timely co-operation and assistance, my Supervisor has agreed that I would be entitled to be paid any statutory interest awarded as part of any successful claim which can represent a significant proportion of the claim value just for a couple of minutes completing the paperwork. They also advise I will have no personal liability for any fees for the work we do.

I thought this was all closed - Do I need to complete the documents they are asking for ? They have already done the PPI.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 am
I would sign it and send it back - it won't hurt and it will get them off your back.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 am
Yes, they have already done PPI ... maybe more than once. But, as advised by the ombudsman, many previous claims were incorrectly refused and, even where a payment was made, it was possible that it was underpaid. So they have been advised ro lodge fresh claims (more than once). For PPI at least this is the last chance before the claims deadline.

Many people are expending more energy and stressing about having to fill in another form, but, when all is said and done, it takes a few minutes and can be forgotten about.

It is a pain and, possibly, an affront, but then, so is the income tax return and we do those every year !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”