Do I need to reclaim PPI now my IVA is over?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
duncan549
by duncan549 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:04 pm
I had an IVA which has been satisfied for the last 5 - 6 years. I am now receiving correspondence from Clear Debt Limited saying I have to reclaim PPI to pay to my previous creditors ( should there be a successful claim) Is this right? Do I have to do this. I thought once an IVA was completed and satisfied that was the end
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:57 pm
Clear Debt can't make you claim, but if you did they will have the legal right to take it all and distribute it to your ex creditors. Once you have been issued with your completion certificate you IP has no further obligations to the IVA and neither do you. PPI and the like are still classed as an asset to the IVA though, for ever.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:46 am
They cannot make you claim, but could force the issue to make you allow them to claim on your behalf. However, as yet this has not been publically tested as to whether they have the will nor whether they have the power to force the issue after the completion certificate has been issued. What HAS been tested is whether any PPI available belongs to you or your creditors --- I am afraid it is your creditors!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”