Do we still have to pay PPI into completed IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Julie.97
by Julie.97 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:05 pm
We completed IVA in May 2015. PPI refund payments made to DFD and now commission payments due but are being sent to DPD who are in receivership and being administered by IVAtrust@aperture.uk.com. I know that alreadu NatWest have paid £1300.00 and Barclaycard say they will be sending any money due to them. After thre years are we not entitled to commission payments, we paid off IVA early by working vast amount of overtime and as I am now 67 would like to stop works and these funds would really help us. I just feel that they have had every penny already, it does not seem just.
Also how many years before we can have a normal bank account as Lloyds will only give debit card with no overdraft facility, hopefully never needed but still feel viewed as second class customer. Would it be better to move my funds elsewhere.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:14 pm
It will depend on whether or not you have paid across 100p in the pound plus fees and possible statutory interest.

As regards your bank - try Nationwide or Co-op for a full account. We have 2 accounts with debit cards and cheque books. Still have no overdraft on either and don't want one either.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:29 pm
Technically all PPI belongs to the IVA whenever it gets paid. Some IP's lose interest after the IVA is finished, but most do not. Some will send it back to you if it is uneconomical to re-open old files to distribute it to ex creditors. Aperture are one of the firms who tend to keep it whenever possible!

Regarding the bank -- this varies from bank to bank, according to their own internal policies. I upgraded with mine (Co-Op) as soon as my credit files cleared up, which should be, in most cases, 6 years from the start of the IVA. I had no issues and was even offered a credit card at the same time.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”