Do you have to give permission to an iva co. to allow them to claim ppi?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
julia938
by julia938 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:55 pm
Do you have to give permission for an IVA company to investigate your PPI mis-selling I finished my IVA 2 years ago but the IVA company are refusing to let go. And they have gone behind my back going to companies requesting PPI and I have not given them permission, but they are giving the impression that I have given them permission, I have refused to sign their requests because they are keeping nearly all the money themselves my creditors are getting hardly anything
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 am
Hi,

It is best that you let them do it. Have you had your completion letter, if not they probably won't issue it until all avenues have been explored. As to the money, it will be distributed amongst your creditors.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:44 am
You have agreed to allow your IP to perform his duties in respect of your IVA --- one of those duties is seeking and claiming PPI/. He can do this even after the IVA has been completed, as recently agreed and confirmed by the courts.

Your IP can only retain fees as already agreed with your creditors. In the normal course of events the creditors will end up with just over half of the refund.
magicsam
by magicsam » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 am
julia938 wrote:
Do you have to give permission for an IVA company to investigate your PPI mis-selling I finished my IVA 2 years ago but the IVA company are refusing to let go. And they have gone behind my back going to companies requesting PPI and I have not given them permission, but they are giving the impression that I have given them permission, I have refused to sign their requests because they are keeping nearly all the money themselves my creditors are getting hardly anything

I'm pretty sure a claims company should have a valid letter of authority to make claims on your behalf regardless of whether you are / have been in an IVA. According to the principles drawn up by the banking association the signatures should be no more than six months old so they should not be digging up old paper work from your IVA to make the claims, the Statement of principles can be found here

https://www.bba.org.uk/policy/retail/co ... omplaints/
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 am
magicsam wrote:
julia938 wrote:

I'm pretty sure a claims company should have a valid letter of authority to make claims on your behalf regardless of whether you are / have been in an IVA. According to the principles drawn up by the banking association the signatures should be no more than six months old so they should not be digging up old paper work from your IVA to make the claims, the Statement of principles can be found here

https://www.bba.org.uk/policy/retail/co ... omplaints/

This is why people keep getting asked to re-sign for re-submissions and, I assume, the papers the OP refuses to sign are also those authorisations.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”