Documents required for an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

Loopy81

Post by Loopy81 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm
I have spoken to the CCCS Iva deptment today and they have emailed the infomation pack to me. I am awful with paperwork and now have the daunting task of trying to collect all the documents required. All debts, bank statements etc are all electronic and I wouldn't have a clue where my rent argreement is. This may take some time.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm
You'll get there!

You'll need to get up to date statements from your creditors, and if I remember rightly they are not settlement figures, but the amount you owe now with all the current interest.

You may need to write to your creditors to ask them to supply these figures.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:50 pm
Hi there, it does seem daunting at first but it will all fall into place. Send them the statements as they appear this month, contact your bank for statements and maybe your landlord might give you a copy of the agreement? It will come together over the next few weeks. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

missy80

Post by missy80 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm
Hi Loopy

Most of my stuff is e-banking now too. I just printed it out and scanned it in and it was fine. I know it is daunting, especially if you haven't looked at the paperwork for a few months but try and get it done. Maybe do a bit at a time if yopu can't handle it all at once? Like one morning call the landlord and ask for a copy of the tenancy or something, then next try to gather all your payslips. And once it's done, it's done - hurrah!

xx

Loopy81

Post by Loopy81 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 pm
If they will accept print out then that is fine, once I buy some ink for my printer lol

On a positive note I have just checked to see what my car would sell for and there are traders selling them for as low as £6200 (bit of a blow considering how much I paid 8 months ago) but good in terms of not having to justify about not wanting to sell it. I am hoping they will be sympathetic enough that I have 3 kids 6, 5 & 2, am the only driver and live in the middle of nowhere. Oh well will buy some ink and set the ball rolling. Hope you have all braced yourself for up to 3 months of my whinging lol

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:39 pm
Hi Loopy
Im in the same position, think i have finally managed to get everything together today to send. I had a bonfire a few weeks ago and was a bit over zealous with what went on it, i hoard everything but its all over the place ! and i picked the wrong time to get rid of it all grr x

Loopy81

Post by Loopy81 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm
A quick question, i am up to date with all my payments at the minute. Do i stop paying or carry on until the IVA is in place? Surely if I keep paying the contractual amounts they will be less inclined to agree it as I have be able to afford it up until now. If that makes sense. We may well be up to date, but we have no food in the cupboards, nor any money left to buy any. Seriously my kids had cereal for tea lastr night.

Loopy81

Post by Loopy81 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 pm
also, they require 3 months bank statements on which they will see that my mum has put money into my account at times, and the cash from stuff we have sold in order to keep us going. Will these one off payments into our account go against us.

missy80

Post by missy80 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:12 pm
I have random one off bits of money added to my account from my dad, ususally for survival purposes! No one has said anything about them to me.

It's up to you when you stop paying your creditors - you might want to stop so you can start putting contingency money aside? And start buying food again!

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm
Hang in there Loopy, it does seem daunting but you`ll manage it. I logged onto all my card accounts and cancelled paper free statements so I got up to date statements through the post and sent them to my IP. If you choose to stop paying your creditors, the amounts you owe will change over the time it takes for your proposal, so you`ll need to send in updated statements anyhow.
I didn`t actually pay creditors anything from the moment I decided I was proposing an IVA, that meant three months without a payment for some creditors, I decided that I`d keep the money as a contingency fund... boy am I glad I did already, as what can break down b***** well has in the last couple of months.
Don`t be concerned about the money from your Mum showing on your bank statements, I doubt it will even be questioned...If you are asked about it, they were gifts off your parents to keep you fed!!!
Well done Loopy, you`re on the road to taking control again.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:05 pm
I just marked my bank statements with what everything was for and where the money had come from and my IP said that was ok. Like you we had money coming from family and the sale of stuff to keep us going.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm
I would definitely start buying your grocery shopping and if you still want to continue to pay your creditors then do so as a token payment but don't put your healths at risk in favour of paying your creditors.

Have you taken advice from any other company? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Loopy81

Post by Loopy81 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 pm
I haven't no, i looked at the website listing everyone but wouldn't know who to chose. I contacted the CCCS as a friend of mine used them to enter a DMP.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm
Hi Loopy
I am also in the process of applying and have decided not to make further payments as at the end of the day cannnot pay the full balances therefore my creditors will apear on my IVA. I am told that it makes no difference whether I make nominal payments or not so have decided to save money for contingenies like car repairs that are fast pproaching on the horizon.
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:46 pm
Hi Loopy,
I've also just started the IVA process. I had also made every payment, and am now on to the second month of making no payments at all. It was scary at first, but at the moment, I'm surprised by how understanding my creditors have been, and how few calls I've had. I think this is also due to having a really good IP, who has made contact with all of them for me as well!
I think its a good idea to have a bit of a contingency fund. The way I see it, at first you're not going to have a whole year to save up for things like car servicing, MOTs etc. I know mine's due in December! (what a great month to have that in!) So that contingency will definately come in handy for me.
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”