Does anyone know when I might get my cert of completion?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Steve27uk
by Steve27uk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm
Does anyone know when I might get my certificate of completion, I started a five year iva with Harrington Brooks on January 25th 2013 and my final payment was on 25th of January 2018, I know it still goes on for a sixth year before it's really over, I've emailed them a couple of times in the last year, they've replied and said they'd be in contact within ten working days but I never here anything from them.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:23 pm
It could be a few months before you get your letter so keep pestering them.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:33 pm
I agree with Kallis, best to keep in regular contact with them so that they are aware you are keen to Complete asap. Best to also make sure they send a copy to the Insolvency Register so that you are removed from there at the earliest opportunity.

Regards
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:11 pm
I would write to my IP by recorded delivery making a formal complaint, a year for completion is very excessive, 6 months ish is too long but is about the 'normal' so a year is way too long.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:39 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
I would write to my IP by recorded delivery making a formal complaint, a year for completion is very excessive, 6 months ish is too long but is about the 'normal' so a year is way too long.

You can then, if you feel so moved, escalate the complaint to their regulatory body via the government gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

An upheld complaint can cost the IP some money, so they would prefer this did not escalate, I am sure.
Sally1966
by Sally1966 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:22 pm
Harrington Brooks were taken over by freeman jones . Mine was with HB Freeman Jones found due to mis calculations I owed more money these were finally paid over in November and now I’m finally in the closure stage . My Iva technically finished in June but now my cc could now be 6 months from November
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:15 pm
I apologise - I misread the date!
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm
Hi Steve27uk

Hi Steve - when we took on the HB IVAs we also took on a backlog of completion certificates from them. We've been working flat out to get that cleared and I am pleased to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. If you drop me an email to ian.williams at freemanjones.com I will try and get you a date when we can get yours to you. We do know how important it is to be able to put your IVA behind you and move on.

Well done on getting to the end!

Ian
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”