Does bank close account in iva?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
MelP
by MelP » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:05 am
Hi a bit of a long one I'm afraid!
My iva began In February my halifax account with OD was included with this, today my ex paid child maintenance by error into this account not my current account as he usually does, at his end payment says it's gone through but I don't have access to this anymore, will the payment have gone through? I was under the impression this would have been closed when the iva began, I also had a notification from hmrc stating they owed me £600 in child tax credits from last year and on telephoning they said they made payment in July to this account (I'm aware of I get this payment it will go into the iva), I started a missing payment report as believed the account was closed but couldn't have gone through.. but now after the payment with my ex today I'm wondering if it has contributed to the 1000 overdraft that was outstanding on the account and if there's any way to go about getting this back as I pay the iva each month which halifax will also receive.. I also pay 60% of my maintenance into the iva so Although i haven't personally had this will I still have to pay the £150 to my iva team thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 am
You need to speak to Halifax to see a) what they have done with the account and b) can they trace and retrieve the money. If the O/D ws included in the IVA they cannot (should not) use the money incorrectly paid into the dormant / closed account and should return it.

I do not know what the £150 you refer to is, so cannot comment on that.
MelP
by MelP » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:24 am
Thankyou I will do:)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”