Does the CCJ start from day one to the end of IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
tuktuk50000
by tuktuk50000 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 pm
Hi

I had an IVA from September 2009 to completion date November 2012 ( i skipped a couple of months so it was extended ) plus a year was added on for the PPI nonsense

My question is I am applying for a new job and that asks on the form have you had a CCJ in the last 6 years

Does that mean I can answer a No as the CCJ was back in September 2009

Or do I have to say yes as the IVA was still running in the last 6 years ( finished Nov 2012 )

I completed it fully as required and I have had a credit card again for the last 2 years my credit history is 100% clear and no issues

What do I put on the job application form a yes or a no as if Ianswer yes I dont get the job I wrote a letter to explain all of this and was 100& honest about it

thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:39 pm
An IVA is not a CCJ, so you can answer "No".
tuktuk50000
by tuktuk50000 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:44 pm
Nice one thanks

If the same thing happened and it asked have you had an IVA in the last 5 years Does that mean from the end date or the start date

As I apply for a lot of admin roles I have a CRB DS Check and this questions comes up sometimes
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:02 pm
Always depends on the exact wording of the question:

Some ask "Have you ever had an IVA " --- so the answer would be "Yes".
Some ask " Have you entered into an IVA in the last 5 years?" -- so the answer would be based on the start date (date of entering the IVA ).
Some ask "Have you been in an IVA in the last 5 years?" --- the answer here would refer to the date the completion certificate was issued.

A "Yes" answer doesn't always mean you won't get the job.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am
Foggy gives great explanation - as he suggests an honest answer is best with a basic explanation - I have known people to provide detail on their 'yes' answer and to go on be offered and accepted for a new job.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:38 am
If a creditor had a CCJ against you then this lasts for 6 years so would still be standing - as Foggy says an IVA and CCJ are two different things.

Did a creditor ever get a CCJ against you?
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 am
Hi Tuktuk,

You could always get an up to date credit report - most are available free of charge - just to double check. As has already been said if a CCJ was recorded over 6 years ago it would have dropped off your credit reports at the 6 year point.

Regards
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”