Draft proposal... not yet :(

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 am
Well, after what seems like an eternity of waiting today we have been contacted by CCCSVA for more paperwork.

Now they want:

1) Average mileage. Is this normal?
2) Redemption statement for our secured loan. Any idea why as it is a secured loan and exempt from the IVA process?

We have sent two loads of paperwork to them. We were then asked for more*, fair enough.

We were told last week that we would receive a draft soon. Now it doesn't look like it will be that soon.

We have managed to get through two months worth of token payments to our creditors and now it could take another 1 or 2 more months of token payments :(

I'm just on a downer :( Really worrying about CCJs etc.

*We were rang and asked about minimum contributions to our work pension scheme (proof that we are paying minimum contributions). The calculations from the work handbook were included in batch #1 of our returned paperwork that show we pay a 'standard' contribution.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:21 am
This information ought to have been requested at an earlier stage, but they are probably acting in your best interests and I swould send it off to them as soon as you can.

If you are really concerned about the timescale, ask to speak to the IP directly for reassurance as to why she needs to see this information and more importantly her anticpated timescale to issue finalised proposals.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:34 am
Hi Melanie.

Yes, I was a bit miffed that they are asking for more stuff after we were told to expect our draft proposal.

I'm getting anxious. So I guess I'm being a little impatient.

We did pay to get a statement for the secured loan and sent that off in batch #2.

As for the mileage query, I'm concerned that what we put down for petrol was identified as being 'a bit on the high side'. I'm wondering if this is a 'prove it' thing.

The Co-Op have been better, but they have asked me several times to ask CCCS what is going on and timescales etc.

One creditor (Bank of Scotland) have passed our account over to Blair, Oliver & Scott who I understand are their in-house debt collectors.

What is an 'average' timescale for token payments? I was hoping we would be sorted in two months, three max. Now I'm suspecting it may drag on for four months worth.

Thanks!

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 am
This time of night is the worst for downers! Do you have high mileage? There is a set petrol allowance and going over this needs to be justified. I don't know anything about secured loans so can't help with that one. It is important to take your time now to get the sums right as you will be living with the outcome for the next few years. It sounds as if they are doing a very thorough job for you. Hang in there.

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 am
Not particularly high, lots of short stop/start city type runs though. We do get through 30 quid a week on petrol easily.

It does sound pretty thorough though.

Cheers!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:12 am
Given that the CCCS, acting directly for creditors, actually set the guidelines - and it never ceases to amaze me when they use a set figure for petrol, which let's face it differs in every single household depending up on the length of individual journeys - it does not suprise me that you are getting this feedback.

In my firm we do not work to set allowances for petrol - it is ludicrous to expect our clients to work within that framework, and in the past I have had many a battle with a creditors representative on this point to the extent that they don't bother trying any more! One of the benefits of being a completely independent firm from creditors I suppose.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 am
We don't have a set allowance for petrol either. We put down what we spend (£40 a week on average) and this has never been queried, neither do we have to provide receipts.

We never had to provide figures for the secured loan either if I remember rightly.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 am
Don't worry about about the mileage and petrol, I am with the CCCSVA as well and just got my IVA approved in August.

My petrol allowance is quite a bit higher than yours and was allowed, I just had to explain I do around 14,000 miles per year or more, 10,000 of which is just to and from work. I was also allowed to keep my motorcycle (main transport) as well as my car (winter and shopping) when I was able to show them the running costs (tyres, maintenance, etc) if I was only running the car or bike on its own.

As long as you give them the reasons behind your allowance claim they should accept it.

Good luck

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:35 am
I cannot agree more woth Melanie concerning the CCCS and their ludicrous petrol 'guidelines'. We have also had battles with creditors because in some cases our clients would only be allowed enough money to get to work but not to get home again!!!!

Your timescale for the IVA preparation seems way too long especially since you have already sent the majority of the info. I wonder iof the CCSVA have just too many cases and are requesting the info as a stalling tactic. Speak to the IP directly to make sure you are not just being strung along.

Finally, if you sent a statement for the secured loan this should be sufficient and you should not need to pay for a redemption figure unless you are selling the property to fund the IVA.

Is the CCCSVA advising you to sell?
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 am
Hi
I also agree that having a guideline for petrol is ridiculous, it will all depend where you are working.
Petrol prices are nearly always increasing so you must make sure that any allowance is sufficient
Regards
Andam Davies

St75

Post by St75 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:08 pm
I agree with everyone on the guidelines for petrol. Thankfully, my wife and I are with Mel's team, and it was our actual figure that went into the proposal, which was accepted in August.

As for the token payments,Imhotep, I guess each creditor has their own criteria, but out of ten creditors only two took us to court after a year of lower payments, the other eight didn't bother - although I did get plenty of correspondence from Blair Oliver Scott. But in the end, the IVA superseded the two CCJs, so try not to worry and get the rest of the info. in as quick as you can and hopefully your proposal will be with you in a few more weeks.

With regards to the secured loan, I think they need a redemption figure so that they can calculate what equity (if any) there is in your property.

Next time your on a downer, be sure to let off steam on the forum. There are always plenty of understanding people around here to offer support.
regards
st75

Started lump sum IVA in Aug 2010 - received certificate of completion April 2011, thanks to Melanie & team

JMW1969

Post by JMW1969 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:57 pm
Blair Oliver Scott? Bank Of Scotland?
Same initials- in house debt collectors- a ploy to frighten us?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 pm
Alliance and Leicester used to have an inhouse collection unit called Security Investigations, PO Box 6666. I am not sure if they still use this but it seemed to be effective as our clients would panic when they received any correspondence. It was difficult reassuring them that it was only a name and nothing to be concerned about.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

baldy

Post by baldy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm
Hi Imhotep. After reading your post i thought i had wrote it!!!!! Its a mirror image of where we are with the cccsva.We have been sorting our IVA out now for about 6-7 weeks. We are just waiting for our draught proposal from them.

We have had the same questions as you. We have a secured loan and had to get proof of payments made etc and final settlement letter. I did ask if they would be informed of our IVA and was told they would be notified even though its not in the IVA and we are not behind with any payments.
We did not have to pay for this. I had to get proof of pension minimum paymeent etc.With regards to the petrol costs, i was asked about the costs etc but like other people have said put down exactly what you do spend, because for your IVA to work you MUST have a budget that you can live with for 5 maybe 6 years.
Yeah they have asked me what milage i do etc but ive no problem with that, as long as the creditors except the true costs.
I know perhaps it has taken a bit longer to sort out but i think you should stand a good chance of your figures being excepted.

I just look at it that they are doing a good job and they are snowed under with cases.
Please do not take this as a critisism of other companys because having been reading posts on this site for quite a while there are a lot of other companys like Melaine Giles etc who do a really good job for loads of people.
Just hang on in there and it will get sorted. Wish you all the best, i reckon we will both be starting our IVA's at the same time. Good Luck let us know how you get on.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”