Driving makes me crazy!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:19 pm
Normally I don't mind driving, my sense of direction is awful, but I get by...generally.

Last night, however drove me to breaking point, literally [:D]

It took me over 7 hours to drive from Leeds to home! I left at 4.20pm and finally reached my home in Wales just after 11.30!! Weather was awful, long delays and silly me decided to listen to the satnav and ended going home via North Wales [:I]

I witnessed a terrible crash on a country lane and was so glad to finally get home.

Hope everyone else has better luck driving [:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:59 pm
Bless you Julie, I absolutely hate driving and am not a confident driver so admire anyone who can drive distance. Glad you got home safe Julie x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:18 pm
I hate driving, have done for years ever since a couple of breakdowns that then made me worry about how to fix it. I have this obsessive paranoia that if I talk about the car whilst sat in it that it hears me and will break down. LOL

Its bad enough just going to and from school. I only they'd hurry up and invent transporters. LOL

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:22 pm
Lately, I've been driving from South Wales to Leeds/Hull.Bolton a lot. Last night was the first time I was on edge, driving for what seemes like ever.

I'm sure if I had ignored satnav, I would have had an easier drive home!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:23 pm
I love driving. My drive to work involves a journey through the local forest and I love looking out for the local wildlife.

I drove up and down the M6 for years, it could be a pain at times but I much prefer it to public transport. I like my own space!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:54 pm
I couldn't do public transport Jan...wouldn't know which side of the road to stand on [:D] On saying that, I'm going to London on the "megabus" on the weekend!

I don't mind driving and it helped that I could listen to footie reports, but driving in the dark and bad weather scared me a bit.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:54 am
I used to catch the train all the time, but I couldn't tell you the last time I got on a bus!

The only time I hate driving is in the snow - I do hope this winter isn't as bad as last years.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:07 am
I disagree, I love it when there is a distinct difference between the seasons. It is supposed to be cold in winter, roll on the snow ploughs for me!!

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:48 am
I hate snow anyway and I hate the winter. Give me hot sunshine all the time!
Bob Marley.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”