Drop in wage

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Stella2017
by Stella2017 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm
Hi
I changed job in October and my net salary has dropped by £178. I sent letters to NTF but they are are saying I have to keep paying at the old wage rate? I'm actually saving on fuel, so, with the new wage, my calculations show I would pay £78 less a month. Can they refuse to drop the monthly payment, even though my wage has dropped?
Thanks
Stella
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm
They are always on the ball when increasing payments, but not so much with reducing them ! Most arrangements have a clause allowing the IP to reduce payments by up to 15% without having to consult with creditors -- but, this is at the IP's discretion. When circumstances change most IP's are willing to do a new I&E review to see if payments need to be adjusted, although nit legally obliged to do so.

Have you actually taken this up direct with your IP, or are you being fobbed off by a call handler who has just happened to answer the phone ? I would ask to speak direct to the organ grinder, rather than the monkey !
Stella2017
by Stella2017 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:11 pm
I sent them 3 letters since October about my change of circumstances and I only got a reply today. All the letters I sent had the ''change of circumstances'' as subject at the top. Indeed, when I got a payrise last year, they were quick to increase my payments! I'll send them a copy of my new payslip and see what happens.
Thanks
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 am
You have the right for a review of your income and expenditure at any time so please persevere in asking for one
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”