Due to receive holiday pay. Would it be subject to 10 50/50 rule?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
paul217
by paul217 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:34 am
I’ve just gone into an iva on the 17th jan and due to receive holiday pay at the end of this month with my monthly salary . I didn’t use all my holiday days at the end of last year. Would the holiday pay be subject to the 10 50/50 rule, or is it the case that because it relates to last year and I’m only receiving this month that I would be allowed to keep it all
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:43 am
It would fall under the 10% 50/50 rules. But IP's often have different interpretations of various clauses.
paul217
by paul217 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 am
paul217 wrote:
I’ve just gone into an iva on the 17th jan and due to receive holiday pay at the end of this month with my monthly salary . I didn’t use all my holiday days at the end of last year. Would the holiday pay be subject to the 10 50/50 rule, or is it the case that because it relates to last year and I’m only receiving this month that I would be allowed to keep it all

I don’t understand because if I received the holiday pay in December then I would ov kept it all as it relates to the holiday year Jan-Dec.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:20 am
I agree with Foggy - it will have to be paid across but you should be able to keep some of it.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 am
paul217 wrote:
paul217 wrote:

I don’t understand because if I received the holiday pay in December then I would ov kept it all as it relates to the holiday year Jan-Dec.

But you didn't ... you are getting it now. Your arguement would be like saying that you don't have to pay the first months payment in an IVA as the money used was earned last month.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm
Agree - some or all of it will have to be paid across.
recovering
by recovering » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:54 pm
I was allowed to keep my holiday pay but I had a great IP at the time.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:57 pm
recovering wrote:

There are some helpful ones out there -- but they seem to be becoming an endangered species !
paul217
by paul217 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:

There are some helpful ones out there -- but they seem to be becoming an endangered species !

Should i wait until review or ask them now
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 pm
paul217 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:

Should i wait until review or ask them now

You are supposed to inform them when you get the money and the share due to the IVA, if any, should be paid within 14 days.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”