DWP taking me to Court even though I am in an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Runnerbean
by Runnerbean » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:28 am
My IVA has been paid for 5 1/2 years, last week I got a letter from DWP, saying they were taking £114.00 per month from me as I owed them money due to fraud. I never committed fraud and they never took me to court, even though they accepted IVA, they are saying you have fraud next to your name and we want £18,000.00. I feel cheated after doing my best to sort things out, I am back where I started.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:42 am
If they are trying to recover a debt that was in the IVA get your IP to sort it out.
Runnerbean
by Runnerbean » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:50 am
Foggy wrote:
If they are trying to recover a debt that was in the IVA get your IP to sort it out.

I have tried to get them to sort it out, they said they have to take the word of the DWP, the DW P took my partner to court when claim is in my name i am epileptic and it was thrown out. I no longer get any money just pip so they will be taking partners pension credit we think, they are not taking me to court but I wish they would to clear my name.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 am
You really need expert legal advice, your first port of call should be the Citizens Advice. Good luck.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm
Can I suggest you get legal advice and if necessary approach your MP for their support
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”