eBay sales

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
dan385
by dan385 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:21 am
Hi,
I sold some of my son's old toys, games, lego etc on ebay and got paid through PayPal. (He received the money) will this be classed as income during my IVA
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 am
No, as long as it's not a business and you don't make a vast amount of money you will be fine.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:43 am
I became a big eBay seller during our ova...sold old unwanted items then purchased new things that were needed and used money for xmas and birthdays.
Perfectly acceptable.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:40 am
As said, as long as this isn't a business venture, there should be no problem.
dan385
by dan385 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 am
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Definitely not a business, just trying to be able to give my son (12 years old) more games for his PlayStation. When I recently done my first annual review (2 months early!) The online bank statement request calculator tool, calculated these as my income. Also because I use cash for half of my expenses, it came up with all the wrong figures! In the end I sent of my 6 month wage slips, bank statements and i&e form to credit fix instead.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 am
dan385 wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Definitely not a business, just trying to be able to give my son (12 years old) more games for his PlayStation. When I recently done my first annual review (2 months early!) The online bank statement request calculator tool, calculated these as my income. Also because I use cash for half of my expenses, it came up with all the wrong figures! In the end I sent of my 6 month wage slips, bank statements and i&e form to credit fix instead.

Do not use the online bank system ---- I would tell CF you will give them paper copies in future and change your online banking details so thay no longer have access.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:26 am
I agree - don't give CF access to your bank account online.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”