Email from Experian

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

sophie598

Post by sophie598 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:29 am
Hi there,

I have received my completion certificate recently after my F&F payment was accepted.

I was advised to send the copies of it to 3 credit agencies which I did. I have just received an email from Experian which I have pasted below -

‘I'm writing in relation to your recent query with Lloyds Bank Credit Card, regarding the account started on 08/09/2017.

They have not agreed to amend the entry at this time, as they have asked if you could please contact Lloyds banking group customer services directly regarding this entry before they take any action.

They have stated that "Account is insolvency Please provide discharge summary to amend the credit files, Please Contact Lloyds banking group customer services for further details."

Also, They have updated your default date to reflect as 20/02/2018.’

So my question is- is this normal ? Or do I need to contact Lloyds ? Or credit fix ?

My Iva start date - Feb 2018
5 years long
F&F payment done in March 2021
Clearance certificate received - July 2021
n grg

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:59 am
Send a copy of your completion to Lloyds and ask them to update your record within 28 days.

Your default date should be no later than the date your IVA was agreed.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:23 am
I do not know why CF ask consumers to do this -- unless, they are, once again, deviating from the usual procedures.
When the completion certificate is issued they are obliged to send a copy of this with the final accounts to the Insolvency Service and to creditors. The Insolvency Service then, in due course, remove you from the Insolvency Register. That removal is then, in turn, reported to the credit reference agencies in the normal course of business and the completion duly recorded on your credit files. Unless somebody messes up there should be no need for you to get involved in this procedure.
Individual creditors cannot influence the removal of the IVA -- that is court information, not creditor information. They can only remove defaults associated to your debts with them --- which will drop off 6 years after the default date, which should be on or around the start date of your IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

sophie598

Post by sophie598 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:47 am
So is it okay if I call Lloyds and ask what they want from me ? I will then either email or post a copy of certificate and final reports to Lloyds.
n grg

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:23 am
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:47 amsophie598 wrote:
So is it okay if I call Lloyds and ask what they want from me ? I will then either email or post a copy of certificate and final reports to Lloyds.
Yes, you can do this. They may already ( should already) have copies (not all departments in these organisations are 'joined up' ). But it can't do any harm.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”