End of IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
websternurse
by websternurse » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:46 pm
Hi i was in IVA with Debt Free Direct. Last payment was in Feb 2018 with Aperture. Ive called and emailed numerous times to ask about closure. To date ive had no response just that they will close ASAP.........but this is taking too long and i just want to get on with my life debt free........any ideas on how to get them moving its too long now and im getting anxious!!!!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:06 pm
websternurse wrote:
Hi i was in IVA with Debt Free Direct. Last payment was in Feb 2018 with Aperture. Ive called and emailed numerous times to ask about closure. To date ive had no response just that they will close ASAP.........but this is taking too long and i just want to get on with my life debt free........any ideas on how to get them moving its too long now and im getting anxious!!!!!

There is a pretty much standard 6 month period for closure administration, which can be extended. Most firms close within a few months, However, Aperture and their previous embodiment, Grant Thornton, have historically taken the maximum time, seeing the 6 months more as a minimum, rather than the maximum it actually is!

Your only avenue, apart from relentless badgering, is a formal complkaint to the firm, which you can escalate to their regulatory body if no joy. However,such a complaint will carry no weight until at least the 6 months is up.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”