End of mortgage deal while in an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
jing
by jing » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:35 pm
We recently started on IVA and we are nearing the end of our mortgage deal(fixed term)the bank send us mail regarding this. Do you think we can try getting a new deal? Or will be unlikely to get approved due to IVA?The bank letter states that no new credit or affordability checks if we stay with them.

Or do nothing and m let it be move automatically to Standard Variable Rate(SVR)?
Thank
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:44 pm
Many posters have had new fixed rate deals agreed with current lenders at better than variable rate. As you are staying with your current lender (you will not be able to move to another anyway) they are not taking on any further risk than they have now.
jing
by jing » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm
Thanks Foggy! So you think it is fine for us to go through with the renewal of the mortgage deal? We are a bit worried that the interest will shook up high due to us being on IVA.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:31 pm
Hopefully a few posters who have actually done it will come along and share their experiences.
Michelled0422
by Michelled0422 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 am
I got a new fixed rate mortgage with Halifax when mine expired and my payments actually went down £100 pm. Though they would not take the extra £100 and reduce the term.
jing
by jing » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:31 pm
Thanks Michelle. will have a go then. Fixed rate is better I think.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 pm
Fingers crossed!!
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
All you can do is ask ... if they won't do it then be sure to have a full review of your I&E and ensure your monthly payments to your iva still remain manageable .....
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”