End of the longest month

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
recovering
by recovering » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Had to post ... It’s payday tomorrow :D !!!! At last!!!!!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm
Yaay!! :D :D
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Haha and not before time. You made it!
recovering
by recovering » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:00 pm
New app on my phone showed me my paydlip 3 days sgo... it’s like water torture looking at it :)
recovering
by recovering » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:01 pm
recovering wrote:
New app on my phone showed me my paydlip 3 days sgo... it’s like water torture looking at it :)

Slip!!!
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:34 pm
I wish ... next Wednesday for me ! Long long month - hate January !
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 pm
I get paid a couple of weeks before Christmas so just put across to my savings account until my normal payday so it makes no difference and start again at the end of January.
recovering
by recovering » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am
Transferred what is hopefully my final uplift this morning...... gulp :mrgreen:
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 am
Fingers crossed!
recovering
by recovering » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm
My caseworker just acknowledged the uploft and reminded me my last payment is this month!
Just have to email her on the 30th when the SO goes out then I get passed onto closures!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm
recovering wrote:
My caseworker just acknowledged the uploft and reminded me my last payment is this month!
Just have to email her on the 30th when the SO goes out then I get passed onto closures!

Not long now --- you will find out that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train coming the other way ! :-)
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:

Not long now --- you will find out that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train coming the other way ! :-)

I think we were lucky, we made the last payment on my wife's IVA (mine runs until September this year) which meant we were suddenly £400 a month better off. We spent Octobers on a holiday but kept Novembers to help out in Jan and we scraped through with one day to go. My car needs diesel but that will be courtesy of pay at the pump :)

After Thursday we will only have 8 payments left on mine and we are going to stash the £400pm away and have a nice holiday at the end of September. It's such a great feeling actually being able to save money after 5 years.

If anyone is at the beginning of their IVA I can only say "Don't give up"

I see a few of posts on here that are basically asking "How can I hide this or that from the IP" (usually not in those words) and all I can say to that is don't. Payplan may not have the best reputation on here but speaking as I find, they have always been fair to us. On the other hand we have always been honest with them about overtime, bonus' etc. Looking back we may have paid a little less with other companies* but we've always had enough to live on (we didn't in the months leading up to the IVA) and we have learned a lot.

Steve

*but we've still paid a lot less than we actually owed.
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:51 am
SteveUK wrote:
Foggy wrote:
recovering wrote:

I think we were lucky, we made the last payment on my wife's IVA (mine runs until September this year) which meant we were suddenly £400 a month better off. We spent Octobers on a holiday but kept Novembers to help out in Jan and we scraped through with one day to go. My car needs diesel but that will be courtesy of pay at the pump :)

Hi Steve, you mention pay at the pump. Am I missing a trick here? Is this something akin to the old fashioned putting a crease in a cheque so it took longer to clear?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:35 am
I think it just takes a little longer to process and will show as pending - at least it does with Barclays.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 am
Most "pay at the pump" machines were not conected to the banks online systems directly and do not check credit levels when dispensing fuel, but have an inbuilt limit of £100. The sales are transmitted to the bank manually by the pump operator at regular intervals. However, I imagine new technology will be changing this.

Some oldies will remember that this is the way debit cards operated when they first appeared and accounts were debited for purchases a few days after the card was used.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”