End of the longest month

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm
Most of them authorise £1 to make sure the card is live and then the actual amount goes through in the normal way so it takes a few days :)

I can't see it changing. Can you imagine the uprar if they authorised, and blocked you from spending, £100 everytime you used pay at the pump and you had to wait for the transaction to go through to release the excess?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:24 pm
SteveUK wrote:
Most of them authorise £1 to make sure the card is live and then the actual amount goes through in the normal way so it takes a few days :)

I can't see it changing. Can you imagine the uprar if they authorised, and blocked you from spending, £100 everytime you used pay at the pump and you had to wait for the transaction to go through to release the excess?

They do not authorise £100 and block you from spending in the scenario I described -- they pre-authorise a spend up to £100. This was why, a few years ago, Electron cards didn't work at the pumps because the pumps were programmed to not pre-authorise Electron cards. As I mentioned, all changing these days.
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 pm
Useful to know in an emergency I need fuel for work the day before payday kinda way
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”