Ending my iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Cookie
by Cookie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm
Hi
I'm just about to finish my IVA in September after a total of 6 years. We didn't have to release our equity in our house in our final year. Just carried on paying our instalments. Once we have made our final payment what are the chances of being able to remortgage for home improvement or even to sell and buy a new house. Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:21 pm
Cookie wrote:
Hi
I'm just about to finish my IVA in September after a total of 6 years. We didn't have to release our equity in our house in our final year. Just carried on paying our instalments. Once we have made our final payment what are the chances of being able to remortgage for home improvement or even to sell and buy a new house. Thanks

You would be advised to wait until the completion certificate is issued and you are off the Insolvency Register. Also wait until your credit files clear up (see: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record ).
Then I would suggest a chat with a whole of market broker with specific experience in applications for those with an IVA in their history. We have two such brokers who post here regularly: Ryan and Shaun. Their details can be found here: memberlist.php?mode=team in yellow, towards the bottom of the listing. They have both helped quite a few forum members get placed at High Street rates.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:27 pm
That's great news. As Foggy says it's certainly something that we have been able to assist others with in similar situations.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 pm
Well done ... you have almost got there. Here's hoping for swift closure period so you can move forwards quickly.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”