Endless task

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
recovering
by recovering » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm
Equifax emailed me today to say tdx have agreed to remove the partial settlement that appears on my report
So I had a quick look today and I think it has gone but the notice of correction that equifax added when I disputed it still shows... do I have to now ask for that to be removed? sigh!!!
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm
It really does become a real PITA when all you are asking for is some closure on the 5 to 6 years previous that took a lot of strength, commitment and will power to accomplish. I feel you will have to contact Equifax, again, to get the notice of correction removed. I feel your pain :cry:
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm
Notices of Correction will not be removed until you ask them to do it, but they generally take them off with no issues --- when asked.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm
As Merlin says it's best to contact them and for it to be removed. I can only speak with regards to Mortgages but with Notices of Correction or Disputes on the credit reports Lenders know that there is something showing on your credit reports but as they can't see copies of your full reports they don't know that it is only a Notice of Dispute so it can slow down the application process so it's best to get it removed if it's no longer needed.

Regards
recovering
by recovering » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 pm
Thank you Merlin, Foggy and Ryan, i tried ringing and got told to do it online ( depends who answers the phone as to instructions you get) so I dutifully go online to try, no drop down box matches my question! SIGH, SIGH AND SIGH!!! So I go back to the email I got earlier and there is a box saying are you happy or is there something else we need to do so I pop the request in that box! Plus tick the do u want a reply option.....
if I ever get a Fiat 500 I will be doing laps of celebration if any of you fancy it??? :)
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:32 pm
Hopefully they will act on your request and remove it ....

I had a fiat 500 a few years loved it .... it was ok till the dogs arrived on the scene then way too small ... really fun car to drive !
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”