Eversheds voting record

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
keall
by keall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:18 pm
Hi
I learned yesterday that a large % of my creditors vote belongs to Eversheds. Now i think im right in asuuming that this is the company that votes on behalf of TSB or thier legal team or somthing. Anyway,as i said they hold enough voting power to sqaush my iva and worried it wont be accepted. Who are they and what are the chances of them accepting my iva??
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:25 pm
I had them and they were fine with me.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:29 pm
They are representing the various creditors -- they do not own the debt -- and will vote on a purely commercial basis. If the offer is a good one they will vote yes.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:47 pm
I had them vote in mine on behalf of Natwest. They show on my chairman's report as reject, but looking back I had two modifications that I was asked about and asked if I agreed to them being rejected. I think the IP already knew they could secure 75% with out them.
keall
by keall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:25 pm
they hold a 53% stake in my proposal but seem to be dragging thier feet. They havnt met any creditor voting deadlines and cf tell me they are negotiating with them. Not sure they will vote yes but the dividend is about 35p in the £.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:30 pm
keall wrote:
they hold a 53% stake in my proposal but seem to be dragging thier feet. They havnt met any creditor voting deadlines and cf tell me they are negotiating with them. Not sure they will vote yes but the dividend is about 35p in the £.

I would take what CF say with a pinch of salt --- they have their own way of dealing with creditors and it isn't going down well !
keall
by keall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:39 pm
you mean its not going down well with ES?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:49 pm
keall wrote:
you mean its not going down well with ES?

With creditors in general is the feeling . CF seem to have issues with initial meetings on a regular basis (no other firm does, that we know of) with repeated adjournments.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:41 am
It's about time they got their act together!
keall
by keall » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am
should i ditch cf and try another comany if so can you recommend a good one...had a really sleepless night last night. This process is taking far too long and now a month behind on payments. Going to try and pay as much as possible this month to hopefully keep the wolves at bay. just so fed up with it all...sorry for moaning and thanks all for your advice.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 am
keall wrote:
should i ditch cf and try another comany if so can you recommend a good one...had a really sleepless night last night. This process is taking far too long and now a month behind on payments. Going to try and pay as much as possible this month to hopefully keep the wolves at bay. just so fed up with it all...sorry for moaning and thanks all for your advice.

Normally the whole process takes around 8 weeks, give or take a couple. If you are in the middle of an adjourned meeting it is probably too late to change firms now (others might have different ideas) but, if the meeting hasn't happened yet, you are free to do so (depending on any terms of engagement you have / might have signed). However, this will, of course, start the clock again (although you do have everything needed to hand, which would help).

We cannot advise whether you should or should not change firms at this stage. I am afraid that is in your domain. CF has thousands of clients and we only generally see the bad side mentioned on here.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”