F&F accepted in January 2017, completion certificate still not received

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
claire369
by claire369 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:31 am
Hi.In October 2016,My husband & I approached our IP with a full & final offer.In December 2016 we were told we had to co-operate with their chosen ppi claims company to recover any monies through mis sold policies.Which we did without delay.
In January 2017,a meeting was held r.e the full & final offer,which was accepted.
It is now October & after numerous phone calls over the last few months to our IP & ppi claims company,we are still no nearer to getting our iva completion certificate.We feel we keep getting fobbed off with dates,that come & go.We are told they have managed to recover monies from some & they are awaiting on responses from just 2 parties,who have acknowledged the complaints.Today we have received another request for signatures for letter of authority(HSBC) that we understood has already agreed there had been a mis sold policy.Also back in June we had to go into HSBC with id & the cashier witnessed our signatures!!!!
Are we being given the runaround?If so,by whom?
Is this an acceptable/reasonable length of time to expect?
Should I complain?&again to whom?
Feeling frustrated...thought we might be getting back on track by now!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 am
You should have received it by now - which company are you with.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:51 am
The industry regulators have said that PPI alone is no excuse to delay the issue of completion paperwork. There is no reason for it, other than laziness on the part of the IP. Who are you with ? Ask to speak directly to the IP, rather than a call handler.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 am
Also, all they need to do is ask you to sign an assignment form for any potential PPIs so they can continue to close your case.

This is not good enough and you need to make a formal complaint and follow it up here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
claire369
by claire369 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:30 pm
kallis3 wrote:
You should have received it by now - which company are you with.

Johnson Geddes & the ppi is being handled by dissolve debt
claire369
by claire369 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:32 pm
Foggy wrote:
The industry regulators have said that PPI alone is no excuse to delay the issue of completion paperwork. There is no reason for it, other than laziness on the part of the IP. Who are you with ? Ask to speak directly to the IP, rather than a call handler.

They told me different.....that legislation had recently changed & that ppi had to be completed before certificate could be issued
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:33 pm
claire369 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

They told me different.....that legislation had recently changed & that ppi had to be completed before certificate could be issued

Absolute balderdash !
claire369
by claire369 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 pm
Foggy wrote:
claire369 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Absolute balderdash !

I will contact them Monday...Back in August my IP said that wheels were in motion for my certificate then 2 weeks later I was told that legislation had changed.
I don't know what they are achieving with their excuses,except frustration to my husband & I.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm
Whoever you spoke to hasn't a clue what they are talking about!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”