F&F Adjourned - AGAIN!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
  • 1
  • 2
26 posts Page 2 of 2
katieweeks1
Posts: 28
by katieweeks1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 am
Bex12 wrote:
I feel your pain bless ya. I’m too with CF and my full and final meeting was 21st September and only got approved this week after lots of stress and pestering by me to them. My advice would be to keep pestering them and try not to get too stressed although easy said then done. Good luck :)



I have been reading your story for quite a while Bex and I have to say it sounded very similar to mine - same issues, same frustrations! But I am so pleased you are sorted!! I cannot wait to be in your position.
Thank you for your reply :)
katieweeks1
Posts: 28
by katieweeks1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:32 am
kallis3 wrote:
You are still covered by your IVA so they can do nothing. Let your IP deal with this.



OK - super. Thank you very much :)
User avatar
Bex12
Posts: 130
by Bex12 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am
katieweeks1 wrote:
Bex12 wrote:
I feel your pain bless ya. I’m too with CF and my full and final meeting was 21st September and only got approved this week after lots of stress and pestering by me to them. My advice would be to keep pestering them and try not to get too stressed although easy said then done. Good luck :)



I have been reading your story for quite a while Bex and I have to say it sounded very similar to mine - same issues, same frustrations! But I am so pleased you are sorted!! I cannot wait to be in your position.
Thank you for your reply :)


Your time will come to Katie it’s such a stressful time and I feel your pain bless ya.
Just keep asking for updates that’s what I done and it worked in the end. Keep us posted on your progress I have everything crossed for you xx
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 7110
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm
katieweeks1 wrote:
I was told by CF that if the full amount was offered it would definitely be accepted? .


It is not true - you need 75% in value of creditors voting to accept the variation - Creditfix have no vote in it. They can say whether they think your offer is reasonable or atractive and whether it has a good chance of success in being accepted etc but nobody can tell you it will definitely be accepted...
katieweeks1
Posts: 28
by katieweeks1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:40 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
katieweeks1 wrote:
I was told by CF that if the full amount was offered it would definitely be accepted? .


It is not true - you need 75% in value of creditors voting to accept the variation - Creditfix have no vote in it. They can say whether they think your offer is reasonable or atractive and whether it has a good chance of success in being accepted etc but nobody can tell you it will definitely be accepted...


Ah - well that's interesting because they were my IP's exact words! So if I am now rejected - that will just be heartbreaking and make me absolutely furious as my poor father has offered to pay the full amount for me under those conditions - described exactly by CF!!!
This is crazy!
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73800
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:07 pm
I feel for you Katie and I hope it works out.
katieweeks1
Posts: 28
by katieweeks1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:15 pm
Bex12 wrote:
I feel your pain bless ya. I’m too with CF and my full and final meeting was 21st September and only got approved this week after lots of stress and pestering by me to them. My advice would be to keep pestering them and try not to get too stressed although easy said then done. Good luck :)



Hi Bex - sorry to go back to an old post! Firstly - huge congratulations on your CC - I cannot wait for my time to arrive!! As I have seen your journey with CF - I have seen many of the same frustrations as I have had - mainly the severe lack of communication they have which is ironic as we do our part in telling them every time we breathe but we get little in return as a response! Sorry rant over - I do have a question for you - when your F&F was rejected the first time - you went back in with another slightly higher offer. ((I know it will be impossible for you to say but just your opinion would be great)) Do you think that if I up my first rejected offer of 5,880 ((which is all I have left to pay of my IVA - I am 2 years in)) to 6500 - would this make much of a difference? I do feel CF/creditors say no just to try and get more out of us even though really we all know they should have accepted the first offer is as that is all I have left to pay!

Simply your thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you very much and again a HUGE congratulations - you can now have a thoroughly enjoyable Xmas xx
User avatar
Bex12
Posts: 130
by Bex12 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 am
katieweeks1 wrote:
Bex12 wrote:
I feel your pain bless ya. I’m too with CF and my full and final meeting was 21st September and only got approved this week after lots of stress and pestering by me to them. My advice would be to keep pestering them and try not to get too stressed although easy said then done. Good luck :)



Hi Bex - sorry to go back to an old post! Firstly - huge congratulations on your CC - I cannot wait for my time to arrive!! As I have seen your journey with CF - I have seen many of the same frustrations as I have had - mainly the severe lack of communication they have which is ironic as we do our part in telling them every time we breathe but we get little in return as a response! Sorry rant over - I do have a question for you - when your F&F was rejected the first time - you went back in with another slightly higher offer. ((I know it will be impossible for you to say but just your opinion would be great)) Do you think that if I up my first rejected offer of 5,880 ((which is all I have left to pay of my IVA - I am 2 years in)) to 6500 - would this make much of a difference? I do feel CF/creditors say no just to try and get more out of us even though really we all know they should have accepted the first offer is as that is all I have left to pay!

Simply your thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you very much and again a HUGE congratulations - you can now have a thoroughly enjoyable Xmas xx


Hi Katie,

I am really sorry you are going through this as I know how stressful it is and frustrating that when you need the help you are paying for from CF it’s like talking to machines that appear to read off a script sheet!
Yes i went straight in with a higher offer the same day it was rejected and I do agree with you I think it is to see if you will increase the offer. If I was you and you can be gifted the new amount it is worth a try. I have everything crossed for you and please shout and rant at me and the other great people of this forum if you need to vent as we are following your journey with you. Xx
katieweeks1
Posts: 28
by katieweeks1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 pm
Bex12 wrote:
katieweeks1 wrote:
Bex12 wrote:
I feel your pain bless ya. I’m too with CF and my full and final meeting was 21st September and only got approved this week after lots of stress and pestering by me to them. My advice would be to keep pestering them and try not to get too stressed although easy said then done. Good luck :)



Hi Bex - sorry to go back to an old post! Firstly - huge congratulations on your CC - I cannot wait for my time to arrive!! As I have seen your journey with CF - I have seen many of the same frustrations as I have had - mainly the severe lack of communication they have which is ironic as we do our part in telling them every time we breathe but we get little in return as a response! Sorry rant over - I do have a question for you - when your F&F was rejected the first time - you went back in with another slightly higher offer. ((I know it will be impossible for you to say but just your opinion would be great)) Do you think that if I up my first rejected offer of 5,880 ((which is all I have left to pay of my IVA - I am 2 years in)) to 6500 - would this make much of a difference? I do feel CF/creditors say no just to try and get more out of us even though really we all know they should have accepted the first offer is as that is all I have left to pay!

Simply your thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you very much and again a HUGE congratulations - you can now have a thoroughly enjoyable Xmas xx


Hi Katie,

I am really sorry you are going through this as I know how stressful it is and frustrating that when you need the help you are paying for from CF it’s like talking to machines that appear to read off a script sheet!
Yes i went straight in with a higher offer the same day it was rejected and I do agree with you I think it is to see if you will increase the offer. If I was you and you can be gifted the new amount it is worth a try. I have everything crossed for you and please shout and rant at me and the other great people of this forum if you need to vent as we are following your journey with you. Xx



Thank you very much Bex for getting back to me - always makes me feel better talking on here and to lovely people like you. OK so my father offered 5880 and the max he can offer is 6000. How much higher was your second offer to your first?
Thanks again xxx
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 7110
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:43 pm
Don't forget there will likely be charges of say £500 per variation meeting charged by your Supervisor so if you increase your offer and put forward another variation the creditors will probably take into consideration the charges applied in holding the meeting to consider the offer.
User avatar
Bex12
Posts: 130
by Bex12 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:17 pm
katieweeks1 wrote:
Bex12 wrote:
katieweeks1 wrote:


Hi Bex - sorry to go back to an old post! Firstly - huge congratulations on your CC - I cannot wait for my time to arrive!! As I have seen your journey with CF - I have seen many of the same frustrations as I have had - mainly the severe lack of communication they have which is ironic as we do our part in telling them every time we breathe but we get little in return as a response! Sorry rant over - I do have a question for you - when your F&F was rejected the first time - you went back in with another slightly higher offer. ((I know it will be impossible for you to say but just your opinion would be great)) Do you think that if I up my first rejected offer of 5,880 ((which is all I have left to pay of my IVA - I am 2 years in)) to 6500 - would this make much of a difference? I do feel CF/creditors say no just to try and get more out of us even though really we all know they should have accepted the first offer is as that is all I have left to pay!

Simply your thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you very much and again a HUGE congratulations - you can now have a thoroughly enjoyable Xmas xx


Hi Katie,

I am really sorry you are going through this as I know how stressful it is and frustrating that when you need the help you are paying for from CF it’s like talking to machines that appear to read off a script sheet!
Yes i went straight in with a higher offer the same day it was rejected and I do agree with you I think it is to see if you will increase the offer. If I was you and you can be gifted the new amount it is worth a try. I have everything crossed for you and please shout and rant at me and the other great people of this forum if you need to vent as we are following your journey with you. Xx



Thank you very much Bex for getting back to me - always makes me feel better talking on here and to lovely people like you. OK so my father offered 5880 and the max he can offer is 6000. How much higher was your second offer to your first?
Thanks again xxx


We offered £500 more and it was excepted. I found out that the first offer was rejected because only two of my creditors had voted one saying yes and one saying no and the one saying no was slightly higher debt than the other and they wasn’t even my highest creditors!! But looking at my final report CF didn’t charge for a second variation meeting and all my creditors voted second time around and all voted yes.
If your account is frozen like mine was you could save the monthly amounts towards the final offer. If that makes sense xx
  • 1
  • 2
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests