F&F meeting tomorrow!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:39 pm
The day has finally arrived!
Fingers crossed Creditfix havent messed up again and it gets the go ahead this time!
We have paid all 60 payments. Agreed to a secured loan despite being on the old terms because it appears the better option for us rather than remortgage/extra payments.
So all being well our equity release F&F will be accepted tomorrow and we will be free (once CC is received!)
Its been an awesome journey. We have learnt so much and our children have grown up saving and watching spending so have become thrifty and conscious of waiting til able to afford things.
Im going to have a slight payrise soon (nothing exciting) and loan will be half wjat IVA payment is so looking forward to having a bit more money in the bank!
This forum has been an absolute godsend and has provided me with tons of useful info and made me feel not alone in this journey.
For those in iva, or contemplating one, I do recommend it but you have to be well informed and aware of your rights. Set budget realisitically from the start. I am
so glad we have done it, and survived the whole five years as I was desperate to find an F&F a few years ago! but weve stuck it out and done it! So proud of us as a family.
Will let you know the outcome of tomorrows meeting as soon as we know!!! Eeekkkk!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:06 am
Fingers firmly crossed for today --- good luck x
bethany
by bethany » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 pm
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
The day has finally arrived!
Fingers crossed Creditfix havent messed up again and it gets the go ahead this time!
We have paid all 60 payments. Agreed to a secured loan despite being on the old terms because it appears the better option for us rather than remortgage/extra payments.
So all being well our equity release F&F will be accepted tomorrow and we will be free (once CC is received!)
Its been an awesome journey. We have learnt so much and our children have grown up saving and watching spending so have become thrifty and conscious of waiting til able to afford things.
Im going to have a slight payrise soon (nothing exciting) and loan will be half wjat IVA payment is so looking forward to having a bit more money in the bank!
This forum has been an absolute godsend and has provided me with tons of useful info and made me feel not alone in this journey.
For those in iva, or contemplating one, I do recommend it but you have to be well informed and aware of your rights. Set budget realisitically from the start. I am
so glad we have done it, and survived the whole five years as I was desperate to find an F&F a few years ago! but weve stuck it out and done it! So proud of us as a family.
Will let you know the outcome of tomorrows meeting as soon as we know!!! Eeekkkk!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I was exactly where you are not long ago. Hoping for a positive result Xx
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:15 am
Creditfix are next to useless!
So my meeting was adjourned on Monday. CF didnt inform me. Select did on Tuesday morning. CF have decided to call me today to which they have had a mouthful from me about their poor communication.
Neeting reschduled for next week but he gave me the impression it will be adjourned again and another 28 days notice will be required. To say I am mad is an understatement.
I have refused to pay anymore contributions (weve paid all 60) until a decision is made. He started spouting my t&cs at me but I was having none of it.
I have refused to pay 61 and 62 until a decision made because if I do then they accept F&F i wont get those back will I yet theyll still take the full F&F.
If they decline F&F then I will make the 12 additional payments but not until a decision is made. Perhaps that will spur them
on.

But...just to check and get reassurance, Am I ok to do that??!!! Ive told them they are not to fail my iva because of refusal because ive technically not done anything to fail when i have complied with all requests and the only ones causing issues is CF and their side of the paperwork.

I am so angry!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:41 am
You will breach the terms once you miss three payments and, unfortunately, without an agreed payment break, payments are still due whilst awaiting the outcome of a F&F.

I am curious to know why it is that CF cases always seem to be adjourned, both at initial meetings and variations -- what are they doing .. or not doing ?
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm
Thanks foggy.
So each month that they delay and I continue paying extra into the 6th year they still get the agreed equity release money too?!! surely that encourages them to keep delaying! They might get an extra 3-6 months payments AND the equity release!!! I might as well just pay the extension for the amount of hassle this equity release stuff is turning out to be.
They are telling me its their paperwork, fees and 'presentation' of my case thats the problem. The creditors are 'questioning their fees'!!!! Frankly im not surprised lookinn at theirs compared to Mels when we first signed up to IVA!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
Thanks foggy.
So each month that they delay and I continue paying extra into the 6th year they still get the agreed equity release money too?!! surely that encourages them to keep delaying! They might get an extra 3-6 months payments AND the equity release!!! I might as well just pay the extension for the amount of hassle this equity release stuff is turning out to be.
They are telling me its their paperwork, fees and 'presentation' of my case thats the problem. The creditors are 'questioning their fees'!!!! Frankly im not surprised lookinn at theirs compared to Mels when we first signed up to IVA!

Creditors always question fees --- it still does not cause this hassle when handled by other insolvency firms. There seems to be fatal flaw in the way CF deal with things.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”