F&F Offer Timescales

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Chief77
by Chief77 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:15 pm
Hi,

Spoke with Apeture this morning regarding a F&F offer emailed them on Monday. Reason for phoning was that I had emailed them twice in June (on other issues) to which I have not had any response at all and wanted to make sure it was received.

The guy says he can see it but it hasn't been processed, I asked for timescales and he advised can take anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks to process but given they are really busy to expect 12 weeks and given that I am 12 months away from completion I could just leave it!

Firstly, without discussing my circumstances I don't think the initial call handler at Apeture is qualified to give any advice, secondly is there a timeframe that should be expected that they need to commit to to putting my offer forward to creditors?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:29 pm
They are supposed to present an offer to the creditors within 21 days of getting all the information they need from you and to then give the creditors 14 days notice of the meeting.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:41 pm
Complain formally then follow up here if necessary:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Bex12
by Bex12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:51 pm
Hi I sent a F&F on 20.08.18 had a phone call on the 24.08.18 to say my creditors meeting is on the 21.09.18. I was concerned on time scales as I only have 8 months left but creditfix who I am with said they have to give 28 days to the creditors to vote.
If I was you I would complain as it is like they are hanging you on a piece of string and it’s a stressful time as it is without not getting the support from your IP.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:27 pm
They have 14 days to vote...
Nikl
by Nikl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:53 pm
I wonder why credit fix say 28 days as I had to wait 28 days three times with them when a new variation meeting was set.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm
Nikl wrote:
I wonder why credit fix say 28 days as I had to wait 28 days three times with them when a new variation meeting was set.

Creditfix do not stick to previously agreed and long used practice, which caused them to have to stop doing variations at all for a few weeks while they tried to fix it. Maybe this is another instance.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”