F&F Rejected - I am so confused!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
37 posts Page 1 of 3

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:13 am
Good morning to you all - the painful journey continues.
I have been told that my F&F by CF has been rejected - despite the full amount owed being offered. Now I have since been told that my IP should NOT have told me that if the full amount was offered it would definitely be accepted - but now I am just baffled!
Why would they reject the FULL amount owed? Where is the sense behind this? Is there any point making the offer again!? Thank you in advance for all you help and advice.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28352
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
CF cannot predict which way a vote would go -- I have seen offers in excess of the amount due in the long run refused (Lord alone knows why!).

Ask CF for the specific reasons the offer was rejected and a copy of the report of the meeting.

You cannot really counter until you know why.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 am
Foggy wrote:
CF cannot predict which way a vote would go -- I have seen offers in excess of the amount due in the long run refused (Lord alone knows why!).

Ask CF for the specific reasons the offer was rejected and a copy of the report of the meeting.

You cannot really counter until you know why.

OK - Thank you, I have just asked why and I will wait to see what they say. Thank you very much.

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:36 am
Foggy wrote:
CF cannot predict which way a vote would go -- I have seen offers in excess of the amount due in the long run refused (Lord alone knows why!).

Ask CF for the specific reasons the offer was rejected and a copy of the report of the meeting.

You cannot really counter until you know why.
I have had an answer and they rejected my offer as my creditors believe they will get a better dividend if I continue with my IVA.

I still don't understand why its rejected when the full amount was offered.

Can I try again?? If my Father offers a larger amount of amount than I owe? What do you recommend?

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28352
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 pm
Have you been doing regular overtime, or are a homeowner ? I find it odd that they say "creditors" (plural). Odd that they should all have rejected it for the same reason !! Did CF actually hold a meeting ??
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm
Foggy wrote:
Have you been doing regular overtime, or are a homeowner ? I find it odd that they say "creditors" (plural). Odd that they should all have rejected it for the same reason !! Did CF actually hold a meeting ??
No not at all.... Just been plodding along with life as per... nothing has really changed in my life apart from me moving house which hasn't changed much financially still paying same rent etc

My father is furious and like you is believing that CF is not doing there part as he cant get his head round it either!!.

Can he Complain directly to them? He is also angry that my IP told me false information!

What can I do?

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28352
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 pm
They probably wouldn't respond to a complaint from him about your IVA. Until you have the full story you have little to form the basis of a complaint. On the face of it, the offer was put to creditors and turned down. We might have our own private thoughts but these are not a legitimate basis to complain.

It is unusual for creditors to turn down the full amount (which actually saves them both time and money in the long run), but, as I have said, they sometimes defy logic and do !

CF should provide you with a report of the meeting, which might throw more light on things.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74234
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:30 pm
Disgusting! He can complain about the IP. You need to have it from CF as to why they say all creditors say they are rejecting. You could always say you are considering BR and that may mean they get less.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:31 pm
Foggy wrote:
They probably wouldn't respond to a complaint from him about your IVA. Until you have the full story you have little to form the basis of a complaint. On the face of it, the offer was put to creditors and turned down. We might have our own private thoughts but these are not a legitimate basis to complain.

It is unusual for creditors to turn down the full amount (which actually saves them both time and money in the long run), but, as I have said, they sometimes defy logic and do !

CF should provide you with a report of the meeting, which might throw more light on things.
I see. That is also where our confusion lies also.

I have all the paper trail of being mislead by I'm IP who said that a full offer would be accepted and I assume a report would be posted?

But aside from all this could I present an offer again... Start from scratch as it were?

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Disgusting! He can complain about the IP. You need to have it from CF as to why they say all creditors say they are rejecting. You could always say you are considering BR and that may mean they get less.
Thank you I agree also.

I have asked for a full explanation a fair few times to my original IP and got nothing over the space of a week and then got an email from a new lady saying it had been rejected as my creditors belive they would get a better dividend if I remained in my IVA and what is more depressing is hearing other people on here having their F&f accepted despite offering less!!! I am. So happy for them but wonder why I am so different!?

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74234
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:40 pm
You're not different - you just have rubbish case management.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:04 pm
kallis3 wrote:
You're not different - you just have rubbish case management.
Ha... Clearly. Thank you. Should I make the offer again?
BR is not an option for me.... I can do this!

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74234
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:12 pm
You can try. Why is BR not an option?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28352
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:21 pm
You can try again, with a revised offer, but, until you know the truth of the matter you don't know if this will be accepted either ! It could well be that the creditor wirth the voting clout has simply decided they do not like early finishes (can't think why, but it is a possibility).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

katieweeks1

Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by katieweeks1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:40 am
Foggy wrote:
They probably wouldn't respond to a complaint from him about your IVA. Until you have the full story you have little to form the basis of a complaint. On the face of it, the offer was put to creditors and turned down. We might have our own private thoughts but these are not a legitimate basis to complain.

It is unusual for creditors to turn down the full amount (which actually saves them both time and money in the long run), but, as I have said, they sometimes defy logic and do !

CF should provide you with a report of the meeting, which might throw more light on things.
Morning...sorry me again! When I asked for the full report and an explanation I got this

Kindly note that the full and final offer was rejected by one of your major creditors. The decision has been made your major creditor and unfortunately, we will not be able to put the offer again to them.

Huh?! So I cant present a new offer?! Is that true?! So because they rejected my full offer there is no way of me getting out of this IVA if they arent even accepting that!!!
This is basically what it is saying isn't it???
Unless I offer higher than what I owe - that would be the only way right?

Thank you for your advice.
37 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”