F.S.A checks.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

hiya_v

Post by hiya_v » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 pm
Hiya, I am currently applying for new jobs and am at the final stage with a company who have said if successful I need to be of 'good repute' and will be subject to 'FSA checks'. It is an electrical retailer who offer finance to customers. I work in Human Resources and so will not be involved in the financial aspects of the organisation. I presume my IVA will show up on these checks...what info will they get and do you think it will affect them offering me the role?

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:29 pm
Hi there, I'm not sure of the answer to this but will keep it bumped up for a professional opinion.

We have another poster who is a Human resource manager I do believe but she's away this weekend but may be able to advise. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

marksam1

Post by marksam1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:25 am
My other half is a human resource manager, she got the job 6 months ago and she handles money, shes in a joint iva with me , hope this helps
mark

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 am
Hi, I think FSA checks are different from credit checks and would show the professional conduct record (sanctions etc) of financial staff registered with the FSA. Good luck though! Starting a new job is worrying and I'm just going thru it myself. Sent off the bits they wanted but still worried they may want to credit check me when I start!

hiya_v

Post by hiya_v » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:42 pm
Thanks for the responses.

I think I will get in touch with the recruitment agency tomorrow and tell them about it and ask their advice, I would hate to be offered it, then have it taken away because it comes up on a later search! At least this way they get to make an informed decision...must admit though its leaving me with a feeling that I have done something wrong...and it seems unfair as it will not affect how effective I am at my HR role!

I will update this post when I have spoken to the agency tomorrow, to keep you in the loop for future questions etc.
Vic

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 pm
Thank you for updating the forum Vic, I hope it goes well for you, fingers crossed here and I do agree that we shouldn't be made to feel like this. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:00 pm
I would definately make enquiries and be upfront about your IVA. This should not stop you from being offered the job, but will depend upon the firm's specific policy.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

hiya_v

Post by hiya_v » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:52 am
Just wanted to give you an update, it seems that it doesn't make a difference to my offer of employment. The CCJ will be picked up on a level 1 FSA check but as I have mentioned it prior they say its not a problem.

I didn't get the job I went for, there was an internal candidate who got it, however they really liked me and want to see if there is something else for me in the business!

I haven't got the job yet...so will post again if and when its confirmed, as what they say not may not necessarily reflect their practices when making an offer.

Watch this space!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:04 am
Fingers crossed that you get the job!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”