Failed Direct Debit

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Sarahdl73
by Sarahdl73 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:37 pm
I’m in my last 6 months of my IVA and I’ve never missed a payment. I had a delay in my wages going into my account due to the bank holidays and the payment for the IVA bounced. I called them and asked them about it and they told me they would take it tonight between 8-10pm. Is this normal? I don’t want anything to impact on my payment history- I’ve been assured it won’t but I’m struggling to accept that. IVA company is creditfix. Thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:01 pm
As long as a missed payment is made up it will not adversely affect the IVA ... I am sure it will be OK.
Sarahdl73
by Sarahdl73 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:27 am
I checked the account this morning and it still hadn’t gone so I made a manual payment and have confirmation it has been paid through the bank. Thank you!
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 am
I would keep an eye on your bank, in case they try to take it again. I would worry the action to manually request the payment is in someone's to do pile and may be done late. Maybe even call them and ensure they don't take it again.

Creditfix reminds me of my old office we had over a million pieces of work to do, some system generated, some customer requests. Working there makes me question behind the scenes admin work done in other places now, as things that appear to have worked to customer when they did them actually created a manual action for us. Computers made some simple things a lot harder!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 am
I would ask CF (Or, indeed, any other firm) if you could switch payment method to standing order.... then YOU have control over it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”