Failed IVA has dropped off my credit report but not my partners

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
cat
by cat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 am
Hi me and my partner did an IVA just over 6 years ago we defaulted and it failed but it has now dropped off my credit report but not my partners. Any suggestions
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 am
cat wrote:
Hi me and my partner did an IVA just over 6 years ago we defaulted and it failed but it has now dropped off my credit report but not my partners. Any suggestions

Yours would have been marked as terminated on the report ... was your partners? If not, check the Insolvency Register in case it was never reported to them as terminated. Other than that it could be just that your partner is further down the paper mountain was it will catch up shortly.
sheraz.butt
Industry Expert
by sheraz.butt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am
You should ha e received a termination certificate which breaks everything down.

Also as foggy said check the Insolvency register as it will show the status of the IVA for your partner.
cat
by cat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:07 pm
sheraz.butt wrote:
You should ha e received a termination certificate which breaks everything down.

Also as foggy said check the Insolvency register as it will show the status of the IVA for your partner.

Thanks I have just checked the insolvency register and his name isn't on there does that mean we just have to wait for it to come off his credit reports?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:09 pm
cat wrote:
sheraz.butt wrote:

Thanks I have just checked the insolvency register and his name isn't on there does that mean we just have to wait for it to come off his credit reports?

Check what it says about the IVA on the credit records ( all three agencies), to make sure it is at least not marked as currently active. Try emailing the agency and explain the situation.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”