Fed up n feeling ignored

48 posts Page 1 of 4

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:03 pm
Hi all sorry not hopped on here for a while [:(] Been really busy with my monkeys n got loads of work done this week while they been at soccer school for the week. Hubbys jobs really stressful at the mo n his health is playing up again. My family - dont ask! But are giving me stress n grief again.

But what Im fed up about is my post on the debt side & emails sent to my IP/IVA firm have had no response for around 4 weeks. Ive phoned them twice 2 pay abit of overtime over n asked if they know of anything = nothing.
Ive also brought to their attention that hubbys is getting an extra $24 a month (very small payrise) n very small increase in my income - but been told cos its only X amount n so small to wait for my review. I dont want to get to next April (review time) and owe them half of it as Im not managing to save it [:(]
As we are getting towards half way through our IVA I just dont want it to go wrong n Im constantly stressing about it inside.
Sorry My head hurts! Do hope you all well [:)]
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 pm
Aww Lyns, you have been through so much and still are in some ways hun, no wonder you're stressing. You are such a strong lady!!

You're doing everything right with your IVA and the payrise will be absorbed in cost of living increases, so try not to worry.

Hope the boys have had a great time..I love reading about your little monkeys! [:)]

Love to you all xx

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm
Hi Julie - Thank you! I keep thinking cos of this bit extra that works out in total between us an extra $12 a week, that Im going to get in trouble for it. I know Im being completely daft, but Ive got to a stage where I just dont want it to go wrong!
Due to send in payslips next month n they will see it in black n white then n Ive phoned n told them. And we have handed over some overtime from bank holidays worked. I got a very confident "No" (from call center staff) when I questioned if the small increase in income would be a problem at review time, but still did not feel at ease. Ive recorded dates, times n names when I called!
To be honest these past few months, we have only just started to be able to save contingencies & balance to our I&E for the first time in our IVA. I just wana make it to the end!
Boys are little monkeys n fully enjoying themselves - they have loved soccer school this week n would not of been able to afford it without their godmother being the Coaches partner! Next week we hope to hit the beach - weather permitting!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 pm
Lyns, you are doing everything righ hun, keep hold of the details of who you've spoke to regarding the payments and use it if you need to. Honestly, you will be fine.

Hope the weather is kind to you...we've had some lovely days but its peeing down here today! I still had to take Dobby for a walk down the beach, rain doesn't bother him [:D]

Do you live near a beach Lyns? xx

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm
Im more bothered about keeping the info on when In contacted them regarding the slight increases in income - which was when I phoned in to pay over time. Ive recorded n kept logs since the IVA started n do my own review at review times! Mainly because of all the problems we had in the first 18 months of our IVA.
Thank you hun - I get really wound up sometimes, n as its on my shoulders it makes it harder.

Yes beach is 10 minutes walk! If you look on my FB photos n find the winter photos u can see the bay we live up from!

Bless dobby - hope your phone is still in tact!

Lyns x

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:56 pm
Our NEW phone is surviving Dobby at the mo [:)] he's more interested in toilet roll...andrex puppy he is NOT [:D]

I love living by the beach and I can imagine your monkeys having fun...take loads of pics for us Lyns!

I know it's all on your shoulders but you need a break too hun, so make sure you offload with us. You're always a great support on and off forum and the least we can do is give a little back to you [;)] xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 pm
Aw Lyns, big hug from me xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 pm
Wow you are a busy lady!

I understand you worrying but it sounds like it will all be alright. [:D]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Thanks Julie - I was getting wound up with it all again! I think I will be phoning in again when I get payslips back after they are due next month.

Dobby sounds like a fab dog in imagination! I used to have a pet rat in my younger years that went through 7 phone wires! No other wires bothered it - just the phone one!

Lesley - thank u hun, Ive picked up on a few bits on the forum - do hope your ok, always thinking n checking in on u all.

Luke: I am! N I get stressed out easily! Hope your plodding along well ;-)

Lyns x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm
I've always wanted a pet rat!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 pm
[:0] a pet rat? no no no no no!! [:D] The thought scares me!!

My eldest grandaughter has 2 rabbits - flip & flop, they have chewed through the tv & wiii cables!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 pm
They are brilliant!

I got my first one when I was 19, mainly cos a friend had to move n was not allowed pets, n theirs due to its age, if it had gone back to a pet shop - it would of been sold to feed a snake, alive! After he died - I got another one!
They really are clever, friendly & loving pets. I could let mine run round the room n would always come for fusses n loves or their own accord. N when they are happy they chatter their teeth - often in your ear sat on your shoulder!
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm
I like pet rats and mice and ferrets as well. There's not much in the animal world I don't like.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 pm
I don't mind looking at rats but wouldn't want to hold one! It's birds I don't like at all!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm
I was never that keen either - but after getting to know a friend with one n then their friend n the rats dilema, I just could not let it get fed alive to a snake!

Best pet Ive ever had out of the rodent variety, they have been the most responsive loving & intelligent, they will even respond to names & words! Im going to dig my photos n put them on my FB of my first rat tomorrow!

Lyns x
48 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “friends corner”