Feeling really guilty....

22 posts Page 2 of 2

antm

Post by antm » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:55 am
I tend to use my sunday overtime when i did it over the last few months to get clothes. I must admit i felt guilty the other week, i had £60 saved, took me ages to save it up, i know its a small amount and daft but after a bad week i spent it the weekend, i needed some tshirts for the warmer weather, so i treated myself to a football training top £30, felt guilty as i could of brought 3 nice t's for that or 6 cheap ones! but my new Villa shirt does look nice.
Last edited by antm on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:25 pm
wrong Claret and Blue antm (only joking).

I think we all need a treat now and then, I was so proud of my daughter yesterday and at the same time felt so guilty. She has saved all the extra money she's earnt during the summer, she's just finished school and going into 6th form and bought herself 4 new outfits for 6th form. Now I felt really guilty as this week she got her GCSE results and they were 3A*'s, 5A's and a B, plus the 4 she had got in year 9 and 10 being 3 A's and 1B, to me she doesn't deserve to buy her own outfits but I honestly can't afford to.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:02 pm
Lesley, I know just how you feel !! My daughter is a poor student, works when she can but its difficult juggling uni, placement and work ! She has no idea about money, and if she has some she spends it asap ( no idea where she got that habit from [:I][:I] ) she has a car to run and just never has any money !! So I tend to bail her out quite often. I have said no, sort yourself out and learn from my mistakes but when the waterworks start i give in [V][V]! Im not doing myself any favours either doing this, but i have enough stress at the mo without worrying about her !
Your daughter has done fantastically well in her exams ! you must be very very proud of her [:D][:D] x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:07 pm
Well done to your daughter LEsley, she sounds like one smart girl!!

@scaredykat I know it must be hard for you when your daughter needs something and it's so easy just to give in, I used to give in to my step-daughter but then when money became an issue had to say no, it hurt and there was many a tantrum thrown but she learnt no meant no eventually lol.

But in the long run it sounds like some tough love is needed as she is an adult now after all. Best of luck!! [:D]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:37 pm
Oh i know Luke !! I shall be puttin my foot down with a firm hand (hopefully when my IVA goes through). She has had plenty of warning and this is defo going to be the last month I give in, I shall come on here for support and encouragement when i feel a weak moment comin on !!! x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:40 pm
Yes do that and we'll back you 1000% and maybe give you some ideas from those of us who have been successful in standing up to people's demands [:)]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:17 pm
I am very proud of her and thank you xx

She does know about our IVA and does understand, one day I hope to treat her to something special for being so patient whilst we're in our IVA xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “friends corner”