Feeling stressed and disappointed, 4th month from last payment and being ask to send overtime/bankpayslips again...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Jasmin.75

User avatar
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Jasmin.75 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:38 am
Hi everyone! So yesterday was our 4th month from our final payment made in July. From July 31, i have sent emails and phoned Aperture to let them know of our final payment and asked if we have any more documents that we need to send. All replies were, nothing needed for now and everything is fine and that our case is with the closure department.
Fast forward 12/11/19 I phoned again to follow up release of the certificate, gave me high hopes that it will come soon may not even reach the 6th month.
But yesterday, an email was sent asking for payslips from Aug2018-July2019 to review any additional money that may have earned.
I have always been honest and sent all documents needed in time.
Now that only 3 months before the release of closure, why only now that they ask for this? They should have reviewed and asked for this at the start of closure process😞
Do they have the right to extend the 3-6months closure process?
I have the payslips ready and will post them signed for today. And will send them via portal too.
I am so stressed, disappointed with the way Aperture is handling our closure process.
But remains hopeful🙏🏼

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 29873
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:50 am
Aperture routinely take the full 6 months and, yes, they can be extended as per the terms of the agreement. It is just a waiting game, I am afraid.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kristian

User avatar
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by kristian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:05 am
How Bizarre,
I have had to do the exact same thing as yourself my last payment was the 1st of July and was contacted by Aperture last week for the same payslips as yourself. I replied to them with copies of the slips and a number of concerns like why are they asking for a pay slip at the end of July 19 when my last scheduled payment was the 1st of July 19 and why start the process now over 4 months after my last payment, obviously no reply as that would be shockingly close to basic customer service something that is alien to Aperture.....

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 29873
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:53 am
To be fair, they do have to do a final review and all firms should be asking for those final payslips at the end of the arrangement. Now, most firms integrate the various stages of the IVA pretty much seamlessly and can 'hit the ground running'. Aperture, however, completely compartmentalise each stage of the process and the first thing 'Completions' know about you is when your file crosses the corridor and lands in their in-tray. This alone can take a few weeks!

I am sure that, like most of us, Christmas takes them by surprise every year too !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jasmin.75

User avatar
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Jasmin.75 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:03 pm
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:05 amkristian wrote:
How Bizarre,
I have had to do the exact same thing as yourself my last payment was the 1st of July and was contacted by Aperture last week for the same payslips as yourself. I replied to them with copies of the slips and a number of concerns like why are they asking for a pay slip at the end of July 19 when my last scheduled payment was the 1st of July 19 and why start the process now over 4 months after my last payment, obviously no reply as that would be shockingly close to basic customer service something that is alien to Aperture.....
I managed to speak to Customer Service person yesterday and also today and advised to send them attached to the email I received yesterday, but no matter how i tried, the payslips won’t all be attached all together.
So I used the my client portal to upload all the payslips requested then I phoned Aperture again, spoken to Julianne, and she acknowledged receipt of documents. Just like Foggy mentioned, its just a waiting game at this point... I could only hope that they’ll do their part too so not to delay the process🙏🏼
Who knows might be a surprise Christmas present coming😊 #CC

kristian

User avatar
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by kristian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:30 pm
A customer service rep actually contacted me today wanting to know what a particular payment was on my payslip from November last year! I explained it was xmas savings coming straight off my wages and paid out in November, I have only been using the xmas savings club since January 2013 so why they are picking up on it now god knows. She then stated that I have had additional income due to overtime and this will affect my final review, due to the nature of my job I randomly work overtime and have done the whole time I've been in an IVA it's always been reported on my income and expenditure review via payslips/P60's and bank statements so again it appears strange they are picking up on it now some 8 years after I started this process. I don't hold out much hope for a completion certificate before January as Aperture have been quite frankly a nightmare to deal with ever since they took over my IVA from Clear Debt, its been one cock up after another with them and they are painfully slow to respond to anything.

Jasmin.75

User avatar
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Jasmin.75 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 am
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:53 amFoggy wrote:
To be fair, they do have to do a final review and all firms should be asking for those final payslips at the end of the arrangement. Now, most firms integrate the various stages of the IVA pretty much seamlessly and can 'hit the ground running'. Aperture, however, completely compartmentalise each stage of the process and the first thing 'Completions' know about you is when your file crosses the corridor and lands in their in-tray. This alone can take a few weeks!

I am sure that, like most of us, Christmas takes them by surprise every year too !
Hi, Foggy! You’re right. So after sending them my payslips yesterday,,I checked on my portal, am being ask to pay FINAL payment of £700+ and asking for FINAL review of I&E.
Just confused, should the a FINAL IE be reviewed first before asking for FINAL payment?
Thank you

Jasmin.75

User avatar
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Jasmin.75 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:00 am
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:30 pmkristian wrote:
A customer service rep actually contacted me today wanting to know what a particular payment was on my payslip from November last year! I explained it was xmas savings coming straight off my wages and paid out in November, I have only been using the xmas savings club since January 2013 so why they are picking up on it now god knows. She then stated that I have had additional income due to overtime and this will affect my final review, due to the nature of my job I randomly work overtime and have done the whole time I've been in an IVA it's always been reported on my income and expenditure review via payslips/P60's and bank statements so again it appears strange they are picking up on it now some 8 years after I started this process. I don't hold out much hope for a completion certificate before January as Aperture have been quite frankly a nightmare to deal with ever since they took over my IVA from Clear Debt, its been one cock up after another with them and they are painfully slow to respond to anything.
I am not hoping for this 3-6 month process now, as today they asked for FINAL payment of £700+ again after probably reviewing my payslips i sent yesterday (they very quick to review🙄) and on portal asking for FINAL IE.
They asking for FINAL payment before FINAL IE...just means more FINALs to come🙄...what a system

kristian

User avatar
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by kristian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:00 am
My customer portal page is asking for my annual income and expenditure details to be filled in when i queried this with them I was told to ignore it as its an automated request and they can't remove it... :roll:

Jasmin.75

User avatar
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Jasmin.75 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:06 am
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:00 amkristian wrote:
My customer portal page is asking for my annual income and expenditure details to be filled in when i queried this with them I was told to ignore it as its an automated request and they can't remove it... :roll:
Thanks for this info, kristian.
I phoned Aperture today too, and confirmed by Matthew that I don’t need to complete one again. But I have to pay the £700+, then he can send what he called “intention for closure” email once payment received. The only thing he cannot give answer to is: after this payment will the 3-6months process closure starts again 🙄 or this includes in the ongoing process and will not be affected at all.... either way I have to find way of paying this so to quickly end this looooong struggle.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”