Final IVA Payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
anthony
by anthony » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm
So today I made my final payment in accordance with my last review (month 63). I am still waiting on the 5 Year and final review which I submitted the docs for in June, but I was told it would be done after the arrears are paid (hence the additional 3 months).
I think it’s the first time since I was 18 (or even before) I have woken up without debt, whether it’s a phone contract, credit card, overdraft, HP the list goes on. Its almost a surreal feeling, I have a beautiful wife and 2-year son I know now I can move forward and work to make a better life for us all as opposed to paying for past mistakes.
This post is by no means a boast; I know many people read these post while thinking of going into an IVA. I just want to let people know there is a future no matter how bad your situation is or feels at the time.
6 years ago I got myself in a financial mess, my wife’s residents visa was refused when we planned to move back to UK. Trust me it was a shock as we had been together 10 years and married for 5. I tried to support myself and her on near minimal wage for 12 months (me living in UK and her in her own country, which to be fair her family helped with a lot). I was robing Peter to pay Paul, using one card to pay another and fell into the endless cycle of debt. I had taken on a flat with a 12month contract to meet the visa requirements which was over where our budget should have been.
I felt useless, alone, ashamed I could not support my family believe me I saw no way out (only the unthinkable) It was the bank that suggested the IVA as I had missed loan payments and my overdraft was ever increasing.
Trust me the IVA saved me and for that I will be ever grateful.
My wife still lives overseas with our boy, but I am working in Iraq so see them every other month. Don’t worry we are very happy.
I only found this website in the past year but it has helped so much, not only with advice but it lets you know you are not alone. The compassion, understanding and non-judgment
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:51 pm
Well done, Anthony, all over bar the paperwork now. It is a great feeling, isn't it ?

Onward and Upward.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:53 pm
Well done!
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:59 pm
A nice encouraging story that should put hope into those that read it. Well done Anthony.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”