Final notice

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
alison926
by alison926 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 pm
I commenced my IVA beginning of April 2018, so far so good. However, I have recently received a "Final Notice" from Marston Holdings, with regards to a Parking Fine originally issued in Dec 2017. The notice states that unless the ludicrous amount of £423.00 is paid in full, then bailiffs will attend to take control of goods. I seriously don't remember this fine, however times were bad having just lost my job and began drowning in debt (hence the IVA) Obviously I have zero spare cash, other than what is necessary for living expenses due to IVA agreement and I am at a loss about what to do. I feel physically sick and can't face the worry again.
What can I do?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm
Explain the situation to your IP -- hopefully they will agree a payment break (which will be added back on at the end of your IVA) in order for you to use these payments towards clearing the fine.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:38 pm
Marston's are scum with very dubious business tactics, get some proper legal advice from the CAB or other body as they will attempt to bully you, and don't care if you know they are wrong it what they are doing. Don't open your door to these thugs and do not enter into a conversation with them if they rock up at your house, which they probably will. They are debt collectors, not court baliffs, so have no right of access to your home no matter what they say or what piece of paper they flap about. If they attempt access to your house call the police as this is classed under criminal law and not the civil law your 'debt' is seen under. You do need to get this sorted ASAP as Marston's will pursue this 'debt' will vigour as the agents are commission based salary.
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:27 am
Was it definitely a fine i.e. issued by a council or a court or was it a private parking charge issued by a parking company. If the latter then it is a civil debt and paying it could put your IVA at risk and you should speak to your IP about getting it added to the IVA.

Marstons are scum and will lie to you to get you to pay the debt.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”