Final Payment made

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
anap
by anap » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:49 pm
My wife and I have made our last payment this week. We started our (interlocking) IVA's in November 2012 and after 6 years (our IVA was for 6 years from the start) and a 3 month payment break when we moved house the payments are finished. It's been a long slog but it's definitely worth it. We are now awaiting our Completion Certificate and removal from the register. For anyone contemplating an IVA I'd say do it as the positives far outweigh the negatives.
Radish
by Radish » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 am
Couldn't agree more, barring winning the lottery, it is probably the only feasible way to be debt free in the long. The 5/6 years does pass.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 am
Pleased to hear you have finished - good luck for your debt free future.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:51 am
Well done anap --- onward and upward :-)
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:21 pm
That last payment feeling is almost as good as the first payment knowing you have made strides to get out of debt. Congratulations, and I agree, an IVA was the best option for me and my wife. It has made our life so much fuller now we are debt free.
esgt1967
by esgt1967 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:02 pm
Me and husband made our final payments at the end of December - 6 long years (added year due to Equity Release) but it did actually go fairly quickly. I haven't posted on here for ages but at the beginning of our IVA's, this forum was a lifeline for us with great advice and support. We have been with Melanie Giles all throughout our IVA's and she has been great from start to finish - we had a meeting with her in December 2012 and our IVA's were approved in early January 2013 and she and her staff (with various changes along the way) have made it so much easier for us than it might have been with some of the other companies I have seen mentioned on her.

As the other posters have said, it has been a long, hard journey but it has been the best way for us to deal with our debts, we can now look forward to the future, still in our house that we would have lost if we had gone bankrupt (desperately needs some TLC but we're still here), and rebuild our finances having learned a painful but useful lesson. Still strictly budgeting and enjoying it, won't really appreciate the extra money until my next pay day but feeling better already. Best of luck to everyone who is still on their IVA journey, stick at it and know that it will be worthwhile in the end.

Thank you to you all. :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”