Final payment next month

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
MM26
by MM26 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm
Sorry this might be a long one but can anyone give me some info/reassurance please!...
I am with Creditfix and am due to complete my 5 years IVA next month- I've phoned CF a few weeks ago to confirm my final payment which they've said will be 10th Sept. I haven't missed any payments (apart from not giving them updated bank details once but payment was made the same day), I breached in my 1st annual review due to additional income which was rectified by increasing payments for a few months, my annual reviews are submitted on time etc. but I haven't been sent anything from CF for a final review.
I am a bit paranoid after reading a lot of stories on forums saying when completing their IVA they had to pay additional money etc.
In June 2018 I sent a new I&E form to CF following a pay rise and heard nothing so I phoned end of June and asked if they received it- I was transferred to the department who deal with I&E's and they said well this is your final year, are you able to make the payments and I said yes but I've had a pay rise- they said as long as you can continue for the next few months it will be fine. I have had no increase or letter confirming this and I'm worried if they ask me to do an annual review, they will say I owe them more money which I haven't got :?
Has anyone come to the end of an IVA with CF recently? Was the normal annual review done or do they just have a meeting with the creditors and thats it?

Thank you in advance!
recovering
by recovering » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:53 pm
I finished in February I had no final review but I sent in payslips every month as I had fluctuatiing pay so usually had uplifts all the way through. Had my Cert within 3 weeks ( this was actually slow for them)
MM26
by MM26 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 pm
Thank you Recovering, did you find they didn't contact you much or were you in contact a lot due to sending your payslips monthly?
I'd read some take up to 6 months to receive there certificate so I'll be happy if I get mine in 3 weeks! The IVA and a default have not long come up on my Clearscore account so I think I'll have to send a copy of my cert to see if they will change the dates by a few years!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:00 pm
CF are awful at communication, but their completion process does seem to be one of the less painful. They tend to follow the path of least resistance to provide a budget airline service.
MM26
by MM26 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:03 pm
Foggy wrote:
CF are awful at communication, but their completion process does seem to be one of the less painful. They tend to follow the path of least resistance to provide a budget airline service.

Thank you Foggy, I was worried I was doing something wrong and they were going to keep quiet until my final payment and say I owe loads of money to them still! I think I can deal with the similar budget airline service, as long as I get my certificate and then I'm free :D
recovering
by recovering » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:13 pm
To clarify... i sent my oayslips in because I wanted to not because they asked. I instigated the equity release and emailed my caseworker when I came to the end, she confirmed my last payment and forwarded my case to closures. I then chased up the certificate
The only time they are efficient really is completion.
Chase them!!
MM26
by MM26 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:22 pm
recovering wrote:
To clarify... i sent my oayslips in because I wanted to not because they asked. I instigated the equity release and emailed my caseworker when I came to the end, she confirmed my last payment and forwarded my case to closures. I then chased up the certificate
The only time they are efficient really is completion.
Chase them!!

Ah okay thankyou, I will give them a call once my final payments made on the 10th! I’ve seen on their website it can take 6-8 weeks so I will phone again on the 6th week if I haven’t heard anything :D
Sarahdl73
by Sarahdl73 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:58 am
I’m with CF too and recently had them contact me via email saying “Dear customer, your IVA is in arrears.”

Dear ‘customer’?! Turns out they hadn’t registered my payment correctly, causing a load of stress and anxiety over a weekend of not being able to contact my supervisor. Awful communication. However I did ask them when my final review would be and I was told there wouldn’t be one, and my last payment is in October this year!

The end of a long road is in sight, keep going and I hope you get your CoC very quickly! :D
MM26
by MM26 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:22 am
Sarahdl73 wrote:
I’m with CF too and recently had them contact me via email saying “Dear customer, your IVA is in arrears.”

Dear ‘customer’?! Turns out they hadn’t registered my payment correctly, causing a load of stress and anxiety over a weekend of not being able to contact my supervisor. Awful communication. However I did ask them when my final review would be and I was told there wouldn’t be one, and my last payment is in October this year!

The end of a long road is in sight, keep going and I hope you get your CoC very quickly! :D

Oh wow! I had a letter saying from them when I’d done an i&e for a payrise beginning of the year and it said I was in arrears so I phoned them and they said i wasn’t in arrears, my payment made the day before hadn’t been allocated :shock:
Thankyou! I hope you get yours quickly too!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”