Finally made last payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Chappie
by Chappie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 am
Hi All

After 11 years. Finally made my last payment. Seen some posts about aperture being really slow at completion. On average how long should it take. Also when does the creditors drop off the credit report. The reason I am asking is that I lost my house 3 years ago due to a secured loan. The shortfall was added into my iva. My iva started January 2008.when will the secured loan creditor drop off please?

Thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:46 am
Well done on reaching the end. Aperture are slow and until you get your completion letter it will remain on your credit record - plus you will still be on the Insolvency Register for up to 3 months afterwards.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:46 am
It should all start dropping off as soon as you are removed from the Insolvency Register and that is reported to the credit reference agencies. Aperture can, and often do, take up to 6 months to issue the completion certificate and it usually takes another three months from then to come off the Insovency Register.

I am afraid that I do not know the applicable date for a loan added to the IVA after the start date.
Chappie
by Chappie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:50 am
Thank you both for your reply. At least I can now see an end to this. I will allow up to a year then. I will keep on at aperture if I have not heard anything within the 6 months.
recovering
by recovering » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:32 pm
I feel terrible for you that after all those years you have to wait so long for what other companies take 2-3 weeks to do. So unfair and should not be allowed! However blimmimg poor CF are at communicating they are impressive at closing
Radish
by Radish » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Well done at getting to the end after al that but, what an awful experience you have been through. I remember in 2008 seeing an ad in the paper for IVA's saying "debt free in 5 years with 80% written off" and "one simple payment with no phone calls" certainly leads us to a false sense of security. Glad the nightmare is finally over for you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:50 pm
Radish wrote:
Well done at getting to the end after al that but, what an awful experience you have been through. I remember in 2008 seeing an ad in the paper for IVA's saying "debt free in 5 years with 80% written off" and "one simple payment with no phone calls" certainly leads us to a false sense of security. Glad the nightmare is finally over for you.

You are right Radish -- people went in, believing the hype and were seriously put out when reality hit home. This led to a lot of unwarrated discontent. Truth is, painting an accurate picture and allowing people to go in with eyes wide open is a far easier way to get clients in the right mindset and, therefore, they get through the thing a lot easier.
stanley2018
by stanley2018 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am
Hi all, I'm a new member and my iva was also with aperture. Completed in July, still waiting for CC. I'm expecting to wait 6 months, with this mob that's the reality. !!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 am
Most smaller companies sold out to the bigger ones and they struggle to keep up with paperwork - you just have to be patient. Keep pestering.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”