Finally realised that we need to do something about our debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

ashlee1980

Post by ashlee1980 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:41 pm
hi
i am currently on maternity and have finally realised we need to something about our debt
my question is can you enter a iva whilst on mat leave using mat pay and working tax credit as your income and having a review on my return to work i have looked at all options and feel iva would suit best

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I would definitely talk to 2 or 3 professionals to get some case specific advice.

Try www.iva.com for a list of companies and some reviews of these, remembering our professionals who post on the forum also come highly recommended. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:13 pm
It is fair to say that creditors would want to be reassured that any proposal was built on as solid ground as possible, but if you have a defined battle plan, as it were, and definite timescale then yes, it may well work for you.

If things are still to be resolved/up in the air then maybe a short term DMP to at least start heading in the right direction may suit better, but as Lesley has said visit the site she listed and speak to 2 or 3 people before you make your mind up.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:36 pm
Hi Ashlee1980 - welcome to the forum,

Yes your matenrity pay and tax credits can be classed as income but any company helping you would want to know what the projected level of income was going to be, if possible to estimate.

It is common to put in a proposal with a staggered payment profile in situations like this but as th others have said the best thing is to talk everything through with 2 or 3 companies to compare what you are being told and who you fel comfortable moving forward with.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 am
I think I've answered this on another post - have you posted twice on this today?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”