First annual review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Gouldy
by Gouldy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Anyone else feel extremely nervous about first annual review?
Been in an IVA for almost a year with Bennett Jones insolvency. Can’t fault them they have been as helpful as can be thus far. Since entering the IVA I haven’t really thought about it as an IVA more as an additional bill, but with the review around the corner I’m extremely nervous about my bank statements being looked over (although I have nothing to hide) and the thought of being in an IVA is making me feel a bit down and the thought of another 4 years is horrible but I’m not sure if this is just because of the looming annual review.
Just thought I’d get that off my chest on the forum as I’m on here every day and just read posts and it makes me feel a bit better and also apart from my wife, I can’t talk to anyone else about it as it’s not something I want everyone to know.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:42 pm
Reviews are rarely as bad as we think -- they don't scrutinize everything we spend in detail. Don't dwell on 4 years ahead --- think of the year already done .... 20% through already.
Gouldy
by Gouldy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm
Thanks foggy, that’s actually a good way of looking at it. It’s a brilliant learning process but not one I ever wanted to be part of, but here I am :D
I’m just glad a forum like this exists where I can talk about a part of my life I can’t anywhere else
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:21 pm
Yes! I just posted myself about mine. I have sent all my documents off on Monday by email, and now am still waiting on them answering it. Like you I have nothing to hide, but the idea of someone going over bank statements makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Mine is mostly because I know I spent some money in Gregg's on a meal deal when I forgot my lunch. Feels like I shouldn't do that now! Still, I guess if they had examined my spending in the years prior to the IVA it would have been a lot worse and a lot more extravagant. The ex and I got fat dining out and neither of us could clutch out bellies making the statement "it's all paid for" as it wasn't! The IVA diet has been good for me, soon be 3 stone lighter, planning my meals more carefully, more or less no eating out or takeaways and walking more.
Gouldy
by Gouldy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:37 pm
I have regular entries similar to your Greggs one. Being a lorry driver that stays away from home I often take a packed lunch for dinner but sometimes the only way for a hot meal is to get a cheaper Greggs or something similar. Hopefully my IP puts two and two together.
Well done on the weight loss. Me an my wife are starting out weight loss journey tomorrow.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 pm
Whole heartedly recommend team rh for weight loss, they are on Facebook worth looking them up. After the initial £20 joining fee its only £4.99 a month, so it's cheaper than the big slimming clubs people go to weekly. They give you a calorie club to work with and it's more a life plan than a diet.

As for gregg's entries, like LuLuJ said earlier to me, you have to eat! Of course, I feel self conscious of it but thinking about it, it's not like I go there every day and spend £15.
Gouldy
by Gouldy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:10 pm
I will defo look that up. Thank you.

To be honest we have a food budget there is t any specifications on where you have to spend it. So best we don’t worry about that. As foggy has said in other posts they are looking to see our main outgoings and income are the same. Can’t wait til review is over as I wont worry again til the next one :lol:
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”