First Christmas in an iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm
Hi all, haven't posted much lately but have been looking most days. Wow what a year........ now 7 payments into my via, have celebrated my 50th birthday and had a major health issue but on the mend now (hence why I have been bit quiet). Have found my first Christmas in an via a challenge but I have got there. Thank you kallis for your advice, got £40 vouchers for this year and now working towards next year. This time last year I would have had everything done (on my credit card) this year has been scrimping and saving few overspends followed swiftly by major understands! Today I went to my youngest son's carol service in the cathedral which brought me back to the true meaning of Christmas ( am like a Christmas Carol throw back). I think of the place I was in last 3 Christmases looking up debt solutions, thinking there was no way out. Can remember sitting in my car on school run working out my debts and breaking down. I have been seeing various news reports lately about record numbers of debt for next year. I think of all the people going through what I and numerous others have been through. Am no expert but please sort sooner rather than later. We may be having a low budget christmas but this year, I am not crying, I can breath, sleep and see a future. Would just like to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and thank you for all your help and advice. You are fantastic people and this site is invaluable. Thank you xxxxxxx
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:33 pm
Great post Moira. Thank you for sharing. Yes, a frugal Christmas, but no tears when the credit card statements would have been hitting the doormat in January !

Have a good Christmas :-)
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:41 pm
Thank you foggy. Yes most stress free January in the past 5 years! :D
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:50 pm
Glad I was able to help.
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 pm
Great post Moira. Glad your health’s improving. This’ll be my 6th Christmas in my IVA and hopefully my last one. 11 more payments to go. So should be extra special next year all being well. Your post reminded me how much my outlook has changed. I try more now than I ever did to make sure those around me enjoy Christmas. I have no interest in getting anything for myself, whereas before the IVA I would always have treated myself to something expensive that I didn’t need and then have that knotted feeling in the pit of my stomach wishing I hadn’t done it. I’d then spend the New Year doing the credit card shuffle just one last time ..... I’m so grateful I’m no longer stuck in that dreadful spiral. Thanks so much for posting the above and reminding me of my first Xmas in the IVA. It will whizz by so fast you won’t believe it. Good luck, have a great worry-less Christmas and a prosperous new year. I wish to the same to all on here, whether in IVAs or the lucky completers and the hesitant browsers considering making the leap, but mostly for those stalwarts that answer our queries so promptly for no personal gain. You know who you are Foggy, Kallis, Luluj, to name but a few. Thanks for all your hard work guys and know that it really is appreciated. :lol:
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 am
It's been our pleasure - we've all been there and come out the other side!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”