Foggy

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1576
by recovering » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:46 pm
Hi Foggy, can I pick your brain please? I know you were with Co-op through your IVA can I ask have you upgraded your Cashminder now? If so how long after you finished? I enquired through the chat facilty online but they gave a very generic you can to apply online answer
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26883
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:00 pm
recovering wrote:
Hi Foggy, can I pick your brain please? I know you were with Co-op through your IVA can I ask have you upgraded your Cashminder now? If so how long after you finished? I enquired through the chat facilty online but they gave a very generic you can to apply online answer


Hi. I applied in branch just after my credit files cleared, although I did tell them about the IVA ... ( I think they might have guessed with all those payments to an insolvency firm, then a Vanquis credit card!). I rolled the two Cashminder accounts into one Everyday Rewards account and they offered me a credit card at the same time.
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1576
by recovering » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 pm
Thanks Foggy , I just had a new debit card through but it’s not contactless so I was a bit disappointed. I may give them a ring
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26883
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:50 pm
recovering wrote:
Thanks Foggy , I just had a new debit card through but it’s not contactless so I was a bit disappointed. I may give them a ring


The one they gave me with the new account is contactless -- I can't remember if the cashminder ones were (so probably not).
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1576
by recovering » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:09 pm
Yea the new card is for my cashminder, nothing wrong with the account just wanted to be a bit more “normal”
User avatar
Seanj67
Posts: 64
by Seanj67 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:45 pm
recovering wrote:
Yea the new card is for my cashminder, nothing wrong with the account just wanted to be a bit more “normal”


I've been running a Cashmider acccount since my IVA, mine isn't a contactless card either. However, I set up Samsung Pay on my phone and it's great. Just hold the phone to the card reader and payment is made. Google Pay is the same. I was going to try and upgrade my account just for contactless, but no point now :)

S
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26883
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:52 pm
Seanj67 wrote:
recovering wrote:
Yea the new card is for my cashminder, nothing wrong with the account just wanted to be a bit more “normal”


I've been running a Cashmider acccount since my IVA, mine isn't a contactless card either. However, I set up Samsung Pay on my phone and it's great. Just hold the phone to the card reader and payment is made. Google Pay is the same. I was going to try and upgrade my account just for contactless, but no point now :)

S


Ah-ha -- great tip -- thanks for that Seanj67 :)
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1576
by recovering » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:47 pm
Yea I have it on my phone I suppose it is just the feeling of being welcomed back into the mainstream... silly really
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26883
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm
recovering wrote:
Yea I have it on my phone I suppose it is just the feeling of being welcomed back into the mainstream... silly really


Not so silly really. Most of us do not want credit when we end the IVA, but we still crave the "normality" of a clean credit record. We still want a credit card -- again, not for the credit, but just because we can! We have been "credit pariahs" for half a decade ... "normality" is very much needed.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73476
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:29 pm
Agree! :D
User avatar
recovering
Posts: 1576
by recovering » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 pm
I went for a drink witj 2 friends both talkimg about how they would pay off their credit cards if they achieved bonus this year. It felt good to say I do not have any credit card debt! Or loans ... apart from my mortgage
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73476
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:41 am
:D :D
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests