Freeman Jones are advising I owe more money, throughout I have been mislead

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
mary568
by mary568 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 am
HI

I have had an IVA with Freeman Jones for 5 years. This is now coming to a close but, I have had complaint after compliant, half answers, dismissive responses and now right at the end they are advising I owe more money. Throughout the whole experience I have been mislead and even sent down the wrong route with the complaints procedure. it has been so stressful and now so close to never having to deal with this company again, I am told that they are going to charge me more money. Offering to extend the IVA. I have gone to my Dad to ask him for a loan as I want out from them, they are the worst company i have ever dealt with. what kind of recourse do i have please?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:47 am
First of all I would get them to explain, in detail and in writing, what money they claim you owe and why this wasn't addressed earlier. Then challenge it. Your only recourse is to complain, first to the firm formally and go through their processes, then you can, if needed, escalate this to their regulators.
mary568
by mary568 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am
Foggy wrote:
First of all I would get them to explain, in detail and in writing, what money they claim you owe and why this wasn't addressed earlier. Then challenge it. Your only recourse is to complain, first to the firm formally and go through their processes, then you can, if needed, escalate this to their regulators.

Hi and thank you for responding, I have asked for this however they keep changing the amount? One says one thing another something different. Being passed round from pillar to post. I had a formal complaint last year where they lost my payslips and bank statements, They admitted to that and advised they woudl give me a 100 compensation. They apparently had an issue with the scanning company, no solace for me though that my personal details have gone missing! I have been mislead and asked for a formal complaints governing body and in the letter it advised me of the FO but they said its not them? I went back to Freeman Jones then they advised of someone else who has never responded. I have so many letters it is unreal I just want to know what the next step is and move on with my life, its like they want to keep you forever in their hold! Do you know who may be able to help please?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 am
Try:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

That will eventually get referred to their regulators. However, the regulators are in industry body who will not actively intervene, but can, and does, impose fines on the IP. There is currently no body with any teeth -- which is something I would like to see changed.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm
FJ usually get a good press on here but all firms have their problems. I would suggest a case review could be the answer before going down the formal complaint route. You could request a meeting with them and perhaps with everything in front of you there could be a resolution reached. At least you could then thrash out what you believe is owed and not owed and clear it up once and for all.
FormerlyST1100
by FormerlyST1100 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm
Have Freeman Jones explained what the extra money is for?

Is it due to you earning more certain months throughout the IVA for which extra payments have not been made
or
have you a property which has equity in it so have to pay the extra 12 months in lieu of this.
watzki
by watzki » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 pm
HI Mary
I was with FJ and to be honest I thought they were fine.
But with six months to go they told me I owed circa 4500.
I challenged them to where they got their figures from and I asked for proof.
In the end they said I owed 850,I accepted this.
So do challenge them snd ask for proof of the arrears
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”