Freeman Jones Awful Service

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Oliver7964
by Oliver7964 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Hi All,

First time posting here but I need some advice.

My IVA started in May 2013 with Harrington Brooks. The sign up was great, their customer service was always quick and helpful and I never had any complaints about them. Fast forward to this year and my IVA has been taken over by Freeman Jones. All I can say is...what a contrast!

Freeman Jones have been very unhelpful from the outset. Sending me unnecessary letters, and telling me my DD has changed. All this after my IVA has completed and I am waiting for my completion certificate.

With my IVA finishing back in July (I had a 3 month payment break, hence the later end date) I am still waiting for my certificate, despite repeated calls, and emails. This is where the customer service really comes into its own, I have emailed freeman jones nearly 2 weeks ago and havent heard a single peep. I wanted to make a complaint, as I stated in my email, and I have heard back from anyone. Every time I have called, I have been told my IVA is all up to date and there is nothing outstanding on my account. They claim the delay is down to a backlog of cases. Surely there must have been some process in place to deal with the handover from Harrington Brooks? Most of us who have been in an IVA for 5 long years only wait for the day it ends, but from what I have read on this forum, lots of companies delay the sending of the certificate for seemingly unrelated reasons. I dont feel it is reasonable that we should suffer due to the poor management of the handover task. Seems to be a case of "Too many cases, not enough staff"

I am frustrated to say the least, I know I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some people on this site and I do have sympathy, however when I hear of others who receive their certificate within 2 weeks to a month of their final payment, it really grinds my gears, as I have now been waiting nearly 3 months.

Apologies for the rant, just wanted to make everyone aware of the poor service by Freeman Jones, very unhappy with the customer service.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm
I am afraid that this is a common theme when cases have been transferred from one firm to another -- partly down to, as you say, under resourcing the transfer, but also down to unforseen matters such as the state of the transferred files and compatability issues with software (old paper files might have been awkward and bulky, but at least they were universally accessible!).

Anyway ... none of this helps you. Might I suggest an email to the FJ rep on here, Ian Williams at ian.williams at FreemanJones.com He has helped many forum members in the past.
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:34 pm
Thanks Foggy!

I am sorry that this has been your experience Oliver7964. As Foggy says, drop me an email and I will do what I can to speed your certificate along (and I will raise a complaint for you too).

It certainly isn't true that we are trying to delay issuing Competition Certificates or closing IVAs. In fact, we would usually expect to issue CCs within two weeks or so of an IVA closing. Unfortunately when we acquired the IVAs from Harrington Brooks we also acquired a backlog of closures from them, as you say. We are working to clear that backlog as fast as we can and get back to the sort of service that we usually pride ourselves on offering our IVA customers.

Its also worth adding that there aren't any admin issues Foggy - we moved the HB IVAs onto our system so we can work on them in exactly the same way as any other Freeman Jones IVA.

My apologies once again - please do get in touch so I can try to resolve this for you.

Ian
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”