Freeman Jones

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

laura836

Post by laura836 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:57 pm
I have had Change of circumstances and income but freeman jones are just sarcastic, rude and unhelpful! My husband spoke to someone today as I’ve reduced my work hours by 10hrs a month to allow us to require no cost of child care for our daughter. The first thing the women said was “well your wife just needs to get a higher paying better job!” I’m totally gobsmacked because wouldn’t we all just go and get a higher paying job if it was that easy?!?

If you can even get through to freeman jones which is quite a task in its self they beyond rude and totally unhelpful. We have waiting 3 weeks for someone to get back to us and to be told well just get a better paying job, i feel utterly deflated.

We are living month to month on literally Food/ petrol money wirh no spare to allow for anything else. We are now told that we need to see where we can cut back on the expenditure form that was set out by freeman jones not us.... apparently it’s too high and unacceptable, we are told to cut down on our clothing budget or our meals at work! I’ve not brought a single piece of clohing or paid for a meal at work in months, even so we are still being told this we still have to look at our budget to find money.

We may has well of never taken out this Iva because we are no better off, we should have just gone bankrupt... at least you could contact and speak to a human being who showed some signs of compassion when talking to a creditor.

Would anyone have any advice of what we could do, other than declaring bankruptcy where freejones and the creditors get nothing.

Word of advice to anyone that may be reading this and condering an iva with freemanjones ....steer well clear of FREEMAN JONES!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:34 pm
Sorry to hear of your problems - we do have a rep from FJ who posts on here and hopefully he will pick up on this tomorrow.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Freeman Jones

Industry Expert

Post by Freeman Jones » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 am
Hi Laura836,

Thanks for the post - I was very to sorry to read of your experience, which certainly isn't the service that we would usually expect to deliver to our customers. It is certainly true that living on an IVA budget can be tight, but that doesn't mean that your IVA payments can't flex if your circumstances change.

Please do drop me an email via ian.williams at freemanjones.com and I will investigate on your behalf.

Thank you,

Ian
A member of the team at Freeman Jones - www.freemanjones.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:43 am
thanks Ian - hope you can get it sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”