Full and final help please!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 1 of 3

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:31 am
Hi all

I have read the forum for over two years now and need some help from the experts please!

I currently have just under 3 years to go on my IVA (34 months) and pay £314.00 per month. My dad has inherited some money and I have put forward a full and final offer to DFD of £10000.00, not far short of what my creditors would get if the IVA continued for the full term. DFD wanted an offer closer to £13000.00 as my IVA payments increase in year 5 due to car finance payments ending.

In your experience, would £10000.00 be a fair offer?

Any help would be appreciated, I am really nervous!

Ben

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 am
It seems reasonable as creditors get their money quicker even if the dividend drops slightly. Hopefully it is accepted and you can move on with your life.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:19 am
Thank you Michael. DFD seem really reluctant to put the offer forward or entertain a full and final. They never let me speak to my IP either. I suppose you live and learn!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am
You could contact Declan from DFD who posts here. He seems to get results for DFD clients.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 am
I have emailed Declan as he does seem to get things moving. Fingers crossed!

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:22 pm
All

I felt compelled to tell you about DFD. I have worked in PR and know about customer service. I am not allowed to speak to my IP without putting a written request in writing and giving two weeks notice! When you call the call centre you are always kept on hold for exactly five minutes listening to messages asking you to email them (to which they never reply) and then you are told they cannot answer your call and it cuts you off! Declan is very polite but I feel helpless. Is there a regulatory body I can complain to?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:31 pm
Have you tried emailing your IP direct via this link:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/fip/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 pm
it seems a good offer to me i dont know what they,re quibbling about.
Last edited by MRBLUESKY on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm
Hi, I would try the link Jan has provided above and let us know if you get a reply won't you? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 pm
Yes of course. Many thanks for your support. It's this forum that keeps me sane!

Kind regards

Ben

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm
We're always here for you Ben. Looking forward to reading a positive outcome!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

catullus

Post by catullus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 pm
I posted on an earlier post and made the following comments (good old cut and paste!)

"There's no such thing as an acceptable level of F and F offer - it just has to be the best one that you can make and there has to be a logic why you are making the offer. No problem there.

Also, remember that the IP cannot refuse to communicate the offer to creditors. The IP must do so if you instruct him to. Bear in mind, however, that the IP will normally comment on the acceptabilty of the offer in the communication to creditors and so you starting point with BE is to give them the full facts as to why you wish to make this offer and to ask them to advise you what comments they would make to creditors when communicating the offer.

I would suggest that you put this to BE in writing (or email) and ask for a written response."

Sadly your observations on how DFD communicate with their clients ring true and should be taken seriously by anyone considering using them to propose an IVA.

So my advice on the earlier F and F query applies to you.It would be thoroughly unprofessional not to respond to such an important written communication to your IP and again would be grounds to make a professional complaint. Licensing bodies take seriously responding to correspondence in a timely manner.

All a bit negative talking about making formal complaints but it's important that you understand the position. Hopefully, if you approach it in the right way DFD will respond in an objective manner
Last edited by catullus on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:46 pm
Put everything in writing to DFD who couldn't find the email when I called but then magically found it in the communal mailbox (doesn't it sound lovely). I've been asked not to call the call centre again and wait eight weeks. It'll be nearly Xmas at this rate!

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:54 pm
*splutter* Asked not to call the call centre again,
That doesn't sound good customer practice,

I would send an email to Declan stating all your grievances and see if he can be any help, others on here state he is good at sorting stuff out.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

catullus

Post by catullus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm
Frankly, I don't think that is acceptable.There are no hard and fast rules here but an IP is expected to act in all matters in a timely fashion. I'm quite sure that they are not saying this to their new clients and you deserve as good a service as them.

Reluctant as I am to suggest this, it really does appear that you have grounds for a professional complaint and you may wish to look at DFD's complaints procedure which you will find through the sitemap on the website.

I am quite sure that other IP's who post here would agree with me regarding the standard of service you appear to be receiving and I can only hope that Declan sees this thread and acts on it quickly.
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”