Full and final help please!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 2 of 3

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:11 pm
I do hope that Declan will be able to explain why DFD seem to have this policy of not allowing their clients to speak directly with the IP. IPs should always make themselves available to their clients if necessary, and should not take on so many cases that renders them unable to do so.

With regard to the offer, I would tend to support the DFD comments to you - as you don't need to offer the settlement due to changed circumstances, you merely want to - and if you were to continue with your payments creditors would get the full amount due - including the uplift when your car finance payments conclude. Why not wait a few months, pay a few more payments and then avail of your father's offer - or offer the settlement on top of some continued payments until you are in a position to offer at least the level of dividend originally pledged.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 pm
Thanks Melanie. Your advice is always useful and I respect your view. By the time DFD get to my offer I will have most likely paid three more payments. I think your suggestion is a positive compromise perhaps a few more payments. With the benefit of hindsight I would have shopped round first but I will continue to persist with DFD. I hope Declan can help me as this is the only real interaction I have had with DFD. Heaven help me if I was made redundant (I am at risk of this).

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm
I think that is a sensible approach - but get DFD to commit a definate timescale to you when they expect to refer the matter to creditors.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 am
Hi All
I do understand Mr Bakers situation and will ensure he receives a speedy resolution to this.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:04 pm
As an update, I have today had contact with my IP. Many thanks to Declan for getting this issue moving, and thanks must also go to Jan for providing the link to get the email address. I will let you know how the matter progresses.

Thank you all for keeping me sane and strong.

Ben

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:14 pm
Hi Ben,

So glad you are managing to get things sorted out and that you've managed to get in touch with your IP.

Fingers crossed that you get a good result.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:18 pm
Glad you've got things sorted Ben and that Declan has got onto the case for you.

Best wishes,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 am
Variation meeting set for 4/10 at 12:45. Wish me luck on the countdown!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 am
Fingers crossed!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:21 pm
It's the big day tomorrow. I'm on notice of redundancy so hopefully that will go in my favour. I'll be glad to at least know the result so I can eat and sleep again!

B x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:46 pm
Good luck!
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm
everything crossed for tomorrow for you, dont forget to let us know how it goes.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:21 pm
Hi all

The good news is in, the variation went through as proposed and Dad is writing the cheque now!

I hope to keep in touch with you all, even though my journey is now ending as this site is a wonderful and precious resource.

Thanks to Declan and the team at DFD for their help. Redundancy seems less of a worry now!

Ben x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:28 pm
Fantastic news! Congratulations!
Bob Marley.

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:44 pm
Hi Benjamin
I’m delighted this has been approved and you can look forward to a debt free future.
Congratulations.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”